“Best Restaurant in Corner Brook” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gitanos

Gitanos
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Corner Brook
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
“Best Restaurant in Corner Brook”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I have tried every (non fast-food) restaurant in Corner Brook since moving here roughly a year ago, and can state categorically that Gitanos is the best. The service is professional but upbeat. The menu has something for every kind of epicurean, and the atmosphere is immediately welcoming and relaxing. Even the coffee is perfect every time. If you're going to eat here, you have to stay for dessert and you have to try the carrot cake. Yes, even if you do not like carrot cake.

I have never before given an "excellent" review to a restaurant, but Gitanos is well deserving. Kudos to the ownership and staff for having a worthy philosophy of food and proving it in the execution.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jeremy N

Pasadena, Canada
“One of the best overall places to eat in Corner Brook.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

There are few very nice places to eat in Corner Brook but Gitanos is one of the better ones. The atmosphere is very inviting with little nooks for semi private dining. Local art adorns the walls and there is a small bar area adjoining. Bathrooms were clean and offered real terry towels.

We were greeted promptly at the door and our menus were set up in advanced at our reserved table. Menu has a good selection of tapas and a variety of dishes that will keep you coming back to try.

The wine selection was ok but just ok. For a restaurant like this, I felt they could offer more than the popular wines.

Our server was very friendly and efficient. Our order was correct and served timely. My selection was very tasty and my steak was cooked perfectly. Overall a wonderful dining experience.

2 Thank Zrackster
Corner Brook, Canada
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I really like Gitano's. The food is usually pretty good, and the atmosphere is really nice. A couple times, they've forgotten to add things that belong in the dish. For example, what I love about the Bombay Chicken dish is the chutney that's in it. They've forgotten to add this before. Also, I once had a chunk of soggy paper in my caesar salad, which was gross, as it was in my mouth and I was chewing it before I knew it was in there. The one thing I have to say that I don't like about the restaurant is that they do not offer any sort of discount when something goes wrong. I was charged for my salad, which I should not have been. When I brought it up to the waitress, she gladly removed it. A friend of mine had a full drink spilled all over her... cranberry juice and vodka. So her beige dress was stained and she was very sticky. The waitress didn't even make a big deal about it, just laughed and said sorry, and got her a towel to clean up. She was still charged for the drink until she mentioned it to the waitress. What I do love: Bombay Chicken, Spanikopita, Brushetta, and their pastas. Oh, and I love the toasted bread with olive oil/balsamic vinegar. I just wish the service was a little better.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank 20-something-gal
Canada
“Great tapas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I have often gone to Gitanos during Happy Hour on Fridays with a group of friends for some wine, martinis or imported beer (depending on your mood!) and some lovely tapas. We usually order a section of difference tapas off the menu and share. We've never been disappointed with our food. The pork flautas are to die for!

We also go for a special lunch on occasion and the food and atmosphere is lovely. In fact, I'd have to say the atmosphere for this restaurant is the nicest in Corner Brook. Sometimes they have live music on Friday nights as well.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank sbstitcher
New Brunswick
“Possibly the best dinner location in CB”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have eaten at Gitanos 4 or 5 times over the past year and have never been dissapointed or had to return any items because they were not prepared well. The seafood sampler is always one of my favorite choices.

• Visited October 2011