“Ok”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Corner Brook
Wabush
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was an ok hotel . The rooms we ok but no fridge in the room so if u are there for a few days that is a little in convenient. The other was that you could not go to the Resturant and order something to bring to your room. You have to call room service and they will bring it to you for a charge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Peter A, General Manager at Greenwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in Corner Brook. While our standard rooms do not provide refrigerators, all King rooms, suites and accessible rooms are furnished with in-room refrigerators. I appreciate the suggestion for having all rooms with this amenity. We will consider it as we discuss our planning for future standard room changes. We hope to see you again while you visit our City.

Peter Antle - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Labrador City, NL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We are currently staying at Greenwood Inn and Suites. This would not be our choice of hotel but we were set up through a company due to traveling for medical reasons. I found the lady at the front desk during check in to be very cold and didnt explain much. The restaurant is a hit and miss, we've dined there for breakfast and it was great but we've also dined there for supper and found it to be very tasteless. BUT the service is great. The location of the hotel isn't too bad. There are a few shops along this road, a shoppers, Tim hortons, department stores, Chinese restaurants, etc. The corner brook plaza is about a 25 minute walk away and has a few decent stores to shop. The hotel does have a "fitness center" which consists of a couple treadmills, and a pool which is actually nice! But could use a good scrub aroun the edges. So after all of that being said, it is the hotel room that ruined this stay for us. It is a very small room with very tired and tacky decor. For a hotel that was recently renovated, it is still extremely out dated. The beds are very uncomfortable and have left us stiff every morning. The "bathroom" is a tub and a toilet in a tiny room that you can barely turn around in and across the hall in a separate room is the mirror and sink!! Bizarre set up if you ask me. There is also a terrible sound barrier in this hotel. We can here everything down to our neighbors peeing in the bathroom!!! It's been he loudest hotel we've ever stayed in... Doors slamming, people running up and down the halls, water tuning in the rooms next door and upstairs. It's awful when you are trying to get a decent nights sleep. We didnt call the front desk to complain because its simply something they would not be able to fix, it's just the sound barrier the hotel is lacking. We have a couple more nights here and I have to say we are not looking forward to it. But it's out of our hands this time around. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and will not return.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Missy C
Peter A, General Manager at Greenwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Good Day,

Thank you for your honesty. Indeed we did complete some upgrades to the rooms as relates to televisions, coffee makers, telephones and matresses. We are in the planning stages for replacing the linen and drapery for all guest rooms.

I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and ensure we get things right for you. Please fell free to drop in at any time during the remainingr days of your stay with us.

Peter Antle, General Manager
Newfoundland, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed at the Greenwood for one night. Stay was fine beds were comfortable. The problem was when I got my credit card statement they charged me $4.00. I called and asked them what the charge is they said the snack basket. I never had anything out of the basket. So beware they will sneek a charge in there. Maybe the housekeeping is taking the stuff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TheRock01
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed in an executive room. It was very large with a king size bed and refridgrator in the room. My room faced the back of the hotel and was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotless. The front desk staff could have been a bit more friendly but all in all it was a good stay and I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank C W
Goose Bay, Labrador Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We flew in on WestJet and arrived at 1:30 am. Rooms are very small and older decor( I though they did a major refit after a fire or something...well they forgot this room) We got charged $20 for a roll away to accomodate the family of 5. The phone did not work. The next morning there was heavy rain and could not find another location and we had to stay the second night. Phone still not working. The rate was approx $170 a night with roll - a- way. My daughter and I went for break fast in the restaurant attached to the Hotel. When was finished we asked for an order to take out to our room. Was abruptly advised not allowed. After questioning why, was advised that it was an occupational health and safety issue and the helath inspector said not allowed. After expressing what a crock that appeared to be, I was told by a very quick and abrupt manager type that oh well this is the rules of this hotel. Ordered teh brakfast that had to be send by room service. ( Meanwhile a person came in and asked for a take out breakfast and went out through the other door....) Breakfast arrived at the room. My wife signed for a $2.50 delivery charge as well as an automatic tip on the bill plus she gave the person a small tip as she did not know that the bill already had it there. So the breakfast service fees and delivery with tip cost more then the breakfast itself!

Front desk staff were cold and appeared not approachable.

The hotel is old, furniture, and bedding........Did have a flat screen Tv!

I would not have stayed there if I a choice for the second night and I most certainly will never stay there again!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Labradorman
Labrador City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were on our way to a family reunion so we had to spend a night in Corner Brook on the way. The Greenwood Inn & Suites was near in the middle of the city so it seemed a good choice. The ladies at the front desk were so friendly and we had a wonderful chat. The room was very clean. It is a hotel that has been around for a while so I was actually pleasantly surprised because I expected something a little more dated. The bed was pretty comfortable and the linens, etc appeared to be fairly new.

Room Tip: Rooms front West St. or Park St. so not much extra to see there.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank labradorheat
Moncton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Nice hotel. The bed was probably the most comfortable I ever slept in. Staff were friendly. I was not overly impressed with the restaurant. I only stayed for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Marble Inn Resort
Marble Inn Resort
#1 of 2 in Steady Brook
The Marble Villa at Marble Mountain Resort

Been to Greenwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!