“Old world charm”
Review of Glynmill Inn

Glynmill Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corner Brook
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed one night at the start of a 12 day tour of Newfoundland with McCarthy's Party Tours. Hotel has a lot of old world charm, was comfortable and relaxing. Had evening meal in the Pub - not great, but acceptable. Breakfast in the main dining room was very civilized, with friendly, courteous service. If we return to Corner Brook we will stay at Glynmill Inn again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bankerboy1947

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very dated, but maintains it's charm and nostalgic appeal. I keep returning for the atmosphere, great staff, food and top notch amenities. Nice to feel the old character place and still live in the now.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Paula590802
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is in need of a facelift. My wife and I stayed here for three nights May,2014.
The front desk staff were quite friendly and professional. The room was clean but furnishings and
carpet was old.

We did make the mistake of dining in the Wine Cellar. My wife ordered the chicken and I ordered the Steak. After about a half hour our food was served. My steak was ok but my wiives chicken was like a piece of rubber. (hard rubber) My guess is it sat under a heat lamp for 20 minutes.

The young server was not to happy to have to return it to the kitchen. I asked her what the chef or cook said. Her reply "They said nothing"

Needless to say the next two evenings we ate at Gitanos where they take pride in the food they put out.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank shark75
Connie R, General Manager at Glynmill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Our Inn is a "Registered Heritage Structure”, the carpet as well as the furnishings are in keeping with the era of the hotel.
Thank you for complimenting the cleanliness of our guestrooms and the professionalism of the front desk staff.
I sincerely apologize for your wives meal not being cooked to her satisfaction, we did take full responsibility and do realize this do not alleviate the disappointment of the dining experience.
We strive to provide exceptional service and quality meals that reflects the high regard we have for our customers.

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were fresh and clean. I stay at a lot of hotels and this has been my best experience in quite some time!!

The staff are all very friendly!

The burgers in the pub are amazing!!

I will definitely be staying here from now on when I'm in Corner Brook!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jkear22

I sincerely appreciate your kind words about the service we provide. We take great pride in building customer relationships. It is a pleasure to know our efforts are paying off and I hope we can be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Spent another few nights here for work and even though there are a few minor issues I am again fully satisfied with the room, the staff, and the Carriage Room.
Breakfast is available until 11am -yippie and the veggie omelette with real potato hash browns was awesome and salsa was readily available - thank you. The inviting, and relaxing ambiance of the Carriage Room was great along with a great green salad with a tasty balsamic vinagrette, amazing beet salad, affordable decent wines, unusual and fantastic cod au gratin and mussels in broth that was superb. And the spilt rolls are just too good to miss...The dinner specials were well presented and delicious and oh... did I mention so affordable at $24 per person. Wow! and to use real silver cutlery, candlelight and relaxed service. You got it going on Glynmill Inn - will be back!

Will return again and again, after busy work days, the window views with candle light are uplifting and relaxing. So comfortable whether alone or with a friend -this a female friendly hotel and restaurant. Well done!

Room Tip: Ask for updated rooms on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank GoodFood&Drink
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Nice room. Wine Cellar - burnt steak, plain potato and frozen vegetables. Carriage Room - greasy breakfast and small portions. Disappointing getaway. Always had a great time in years past but I won't be returning again.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Nachokitten
Connie R, Manager at Glynmill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write expressing your disappointment of your meals while dining in our restaurants. We strive to provide our customers with the best possible service, and when you feel that we have failed to meet your expectations, it is important for us to know. Upon receipt of your email, I had talked to the supervisors/chefs of each restaurants to inquiry of any guest complaints, and there were none. It is very difficult to ensure you are enjoying your meal if we are not aware of the situation. I assure you we use only fresh market vegetables in our restaurants. Our endeavour is to provide exceptional service and quality meals that reflects the high regard we have for our customers.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here while attending a wedding in Corner Brook.
The front desk staff were great !!!

We were 3 girls travelling together and we were upgraded to a suite when we checked in, which was awesome as we had a ton more space.. and for 3 girls, that's a great thing.

Our room was clean, the beds were so insanely comfy and our room was HUGE, There were two TVs, one in the main room and one in the sitting area, which was separated by a door, which was also great when one of us wanted to go to bed earlier.

We ate breakfast everyday at the hotel, and they were fantastic!!! such yummy breakfasts and the waitresses were great.

Overall, it was a great stay in an amazing old building.

Room Tip: Stayed in a suite at the front of the hotel. great room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Marble Inn Resort
#1 of 2 in Steady Brook
5 mi away
The Marble Villa at Marble Mountain Resort

Been to Glynmill Inn? Share your experiences!