“Old style inn; quaint and comfortable!”
Review of Glynmill Inn

Glynmill Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corner Brook
Calgary, Canada
“Old style inn; quaint and comfortable!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Suite, Room 208 for one night. Creaky floors, small elevator, uneven floor in the room (felt like we might fall over!), but the most comfortable beds ever! We had 3 adults and a child, and the suite was just right, with a sitting room and two doubles in a separate room. Suite was right by stairs, and there was quite a bit of traffic up and down, but mounds of pillows, great air conditioning, and character/charm outweighed everything else. Excellent for walking on gorgeous paths right out the front door, and a minute to the Main Street.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Beautiful hotel with a wonderful tudor exterior and great steakhouse. Plenty of parking and easy walk to banks, groceries, and a variety of restaurants. Popular with tours so it may at times be crowded or noisy, but our experience was very good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spent one night here in June - our room was large but the decor was a bit dated. The beds were quite comfortable, but my bed had a large divot (about a foot in diameter, and several inches deep) in the mattress. I filled it with pillows to make due, but this should probably be fixed. The exterior of the building is beautiful and the history is interesting as well. Location-wise it is very convenient, right next to the Steam Trail and within walking distance of downtown. There is also a lovely collection of local artwork in the lobby which we enjoyed. We had dinner at the restaurant - my husband really enjoyed his meal of crab au gratin, halibut and brownie for dessert. Unfortunately, although I explained that I have a severe gluten-allergy and was assured that my meal would be fine I did still end up getting sick and it ruined that night plus the final day of our holiday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had booked a suite, and when I checked in was given a very small, outdated suite in the older section of the Inn. When I requested a suite in the newer section, was told they were all booked, but was offered a Queen room in newer section. It was much nicer, larger, and less expensive than my original suite. So, I recommend asking for the newer section when you reserve your room.

The staff was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The Inn is right on a beautiful walking trail and was convenient to downtown area. I would stay here again when in Corner Brook.

Room Tip: New section of Inn much better than old section. Specify preference for new section when you book.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Glynmill has the ambiance of a hotel used mainly by people visiting Corner Brook on business. It does everything decently and nothing very well. Actually we didn't really take to Corner Brook or indeed the drives along the Humber Arms that radiate from there, though that's scarcely thye hotel's fault. Our room in the new block was perfectly acceptable as was the bathroom. We ate dinner and breakfast in the Carriage Room and they were OK too, even if it was quite a lonely experience for early dinner and breakfast. There was a bit of noise from the balcony of the room below but it didn't persist into the enening/night. The in-room wifi didn't work on eother of our machines, though it was fine in the lobby- a common disease in larger hotels where they just seem a bit reluctant to install the number and type of repeaters needed to provide service everywhere. As I say, OK not outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidHBerkshire_UK
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I visited this hotel for work but it felt like a vacation. The hotel is well maintained with excellent attention to details in rooms. It was very quiet. The restaurant was great value and tasty. The staff was extremely helpful. I look forward to returning.

Stayed June 2013
Dunnville, Canada
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Gorgeous old inn. Our suite was wonderful, with new bedding and lovely room. The main staircase could be magnificent but needs some work and new carpeting. This inn is old but so quaint. There was everything needed for a night's stay, including soap, shampoo etc. I did have to ask for bedding for pull-out sofa and I was told they were not sure if they had extra pillows! I can't imagine an inn without having pillows! My reservation was booked for 3 people and we were clear we would be using pull-out sofa. Its attention to details that makes a stay so memorable and having to ask for bedding and pillows and then told they may not have extra pillows. What was I to use?

Room Tip: If you are travelling with more than couple, make sure you ask for bedding and pillows up front.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marble Inn Resort
Marble Inn Resort
#1 of 2 in Steady Brook
Grenfell Campus Summer Accommodations, Memorial University of Newfoundland

Been to Glynmill Inn? Share your experiences!