“Fine hotel”

Comfort Inn Corner Brook
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Corner Brook
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Typical Comfort Inn. Wifi works. Nice views to the west.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our many clients. We always appreciate that. Yes indeed, we have a beautiful view of the Bay of Islands from our windows and the free wi-fi is a nice treat to help you keep in touch with friends and family. "Thank you" for choosing to stay with Comfort Inn Corner Brook.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

No issues at all with this spot. Was here for two nights on business and couldn't really have asked for anything more.

Air conditioning worked well, high speed internet worked well and it's conveniently located to where I was working. There's a tourist info bureau across the street that was helpful in pointing out some things to do after the work day was done.

The people I dealt with were very friendly and routinely got a smile and hello from the cleaning staff when I ran into them in the corridors. I have no complaints at all.

Room Tip: My groundfloor room had a sliding patio door - which was great for bringing luggage in and out but l...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

"Thank you" so much for taking the time to compliment us here at the Comfort Inn, Corner Brook. The Staff always appreciates it when clients like yourself recognize their efforts and then takes the time to share these comments. "I have no complaints at all" is a marvelous statement. Thanks again for your time!!.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Visited hotel in the middle of winter. Room was clean and big but no workout facilities or the typically included breakfast. This hotel is close to the Trans Canadian Highway's western on-ramp. Has a restaurant on the property but breakfast wasn't included with the price of these rooms?!? The hotel needed to do a better job at shoveling the snowfall away as I trudged with my luggage through a couple of inches of piled snow that should have easily been pushed away from all the entrances to this hotel. During the winter months I would not recommend entering from the side of the hotel as it is a concrete stairway that gets frozen at nightfall. Enter from the front entrance only! Hotel does have a good internet connection which I tested multiple times throughout the night. Overall - average rating. I would try another hotel next time I come for business.

Room Tip: Lower floor in the middle of the hotel had very good internet connections.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Rita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. It is true that many Corporate travellers like to see a workout facility in a Hotel. While we aren't fortunate enough to have one, we do offer FREE passes to a local fitness center; Obviously, we neglected to inform you of this at your check in. My apologies for that oversight. Yes, we are located in a "snowbelt" and at this time of the year it can sometimes be difficult to keep up with the daily downfall. I am pleased though that you found the internet services to be good for you. We are a Corporate Hotel so it is important to provide good internet services to all guests, no matter which room or area of the Hotel you are in. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn for 3 nights in January 2012. My opinions:

Pros:
Very clean
Staff friendly
Comfortable bed

Cons:
No free continental breakfast (which I thought was standard at all Comfort Inns)
Limited cable TV channels available (no Comedy, Space, etc.)
Poor wireless internet quality (difficult making / maintaining a connection)
Distant from town for dining opportunities other than the attached Jungle Jim's

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dbakerca
Rita G, Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are always open to suggestions that can help us improve our products and services for you. Having said that I am disappointed that the internet services were not what you expected. We have just recently upgraded our internet services and really appreciate knowing when there is a problem with it. We have been monitering the new service to see if there are any issues and then we try to correct that issue immediatley, by having the Provider check it out while you are using the service. Thank you again for you comments and please never hesitate to bring any concerns to our attention.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I recently stayed here while on business in Corner Brook. I had booked my stay online but upon arrival I asked about corporate rates (not available online) and received a much better rate. The desk clerk was extremely friendly and accommodating and my first impression of the hotel was extremely good. The lady working the desk should be commended on her friendliness and obvious concern for guest service.

Most Comfort Inns are very similar in layout and decor and Corner Brook is one of their "cookie cutter" models. Everything you expect was in its place and all normal amenities were available including iron and board. Decor is typical Comfort Inn, which is fine.

My bed was quite comfortable and after a decent night's sleep I found my bill had been placed under the door, where I expected it to be.

There is a Jungle Jim's attached to this hotel but I didn't eat there. I'm not fond of that particular chain and haven't had many good experiences eating at it even though I've tried at least three to four locations.

Perhaps because of the Jungle Jim's (not sure though) parking was at a premium and you may have to walk a bit of a distance with your luggage to get into the hotel. Don't expect to find a space close to the hotel entrance if you're coming in around dinner time.

One disappointment was the apparent lack of continental breakfast. There is no mention of one at check-in, in the hotel amenities book in your room, and no apparent place for you to get a continental breakfast in the lobby. There was a coffee maker visible but no apparent place for them to lay out the breakfast or for guests to eat. Perhaps its because of the restaurant attached but the apparent lack of this was my one disappointment with my stay.

I will stay again if working or traveling in the Corner Brook area and I do recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reidville, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us.It is through comments from our guests that we evaluate ourselves and then make improvements to be better Hosts for all of our guests. We are fortunate to have excellent Guest Service Representaives so "thank you" for acknowledging that. Our apoloizes though for the oversight of not advising you at check in of the fact that the onsite Restaurant serves a full breakfast and we only have the complimentary 24 hour coffee or tea. We are very pleased to know that you will be returning to Comfort Inn on your next trip. We will look forward to that. Seasons Greetings!!!

Reviewed October 25, 2011

The ladies at the front desk were very friendly, the rooms were clean and the price was decent. There really isn't much choice of places to stay in Cornerbrook, but I'm glad I stayed here. Alos, the Jungle Jims restaurant was affordable and tasty.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reidville, General Manager at Comfort Inn Corner Brook, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our friendly Staff. We always try our very best to provide all the information that a guest needs whether they are with us for business or leisure. Yes indeed, Gros Morne National Park is a beautiful area and we hope you enjoyed your visit while there. Thanks again for your kind comments.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed here for two nights on a vacation through Newfoundland in July 2011. The desk staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We ate the Jungle Jim's restaurant on site the first nigh (good, extensive menu), but wanted to eat somewhere else the next night. The desk staff was very helpful with recommendations and directions and advice on Gros Morne park.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road have a view of Corner Brook and the lake. The other rooms face a rock hill an...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the comfortable stay you had with us at the Comfort Inn in Corner Brook. Guest satisfaction is number one with us and we always do our very best to make you as comfortable as possible and to also provide a price point within your budget. Thanks again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corner Brook
Marble Inn Resort
#1 of 2 in Steady Brook
1 mi away
Grenfell Campus Summer Accommodations, Memorial University of Newfoundland

Been to Comfort Inn Corner Brook? Share your experiences!