“Dinner order took an hour”
Review of The Green House On Main - CLOSED

The Green House On Main
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We arrived at the cute resort-y restaurant and were seated on the porch/patio. Our table was good news/bad news. A young man was playing a guitar loud enough to hear but not too loud to interfere woth conversation. The down side was a really, really strong fan blowing my hair into my mouth.
We ordered and waited an hour for our entrees. To get this, I had to go inside to track down our waitress. She had a pale defense and then offered to comp our meal. We didn't need a free meal, but we did not leave a tip.
We just wouldn't bother to return. There are other restaurants in Shediac.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The food was excellent, no complaints! The service was very good and helpful. You could eat inside where it was elegant or in the greenhouse section which had a garden feel.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

My friend from Ontario ordered a pound lobster, and this tiny tiny crustacean arrived on her plate. I am from here and know what a pound looks like. this certainly was not a pound! We questioned the order and the manager, or owner came to see it and said, "oh yes, that is a pound.". What to do? Argue with him? We decided to enjoy our experience as the waitress was sweet and caring and the atmosphere as well was pleasing. What we have decided is to just not go back. There are plenty of other restaurants who would have handled this situation differently. They may have to fix the calibration on the scales perhaps?

1  Thank Karla S
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We decided to take the buffet of $20 for souper. There was beef and turkey leg( just ok), seafood pastas, WHERE IS THE SEAFOOD IN THERE? Almost all white pasta and cheese. Two other item; potato and green beans. THAT's all.no salad, no dessert, well no seafood, no bread, nothing else. terrible for the price. You can go to the casino in moncton; better and cheaper.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I would NOT eat here, any restaurant that does not support their LOCAL suppliers does not deserve my business. I was appalled to read an advertisement in the newspaper today - advertising "Maine lobster", and at the same time "support local" suppliers. We live in the LOBSTER CAPITOL OF THE WORLD, and yet this restaurant is trying to drum up business with Maine lobster?

I have absolutely no previous experience with anything, or anyone who works here - just my own opinion based on the ad. I would love to hear an explanation for this?!

2  Thank mojodie