“expenisve and poor quality food”
Review of The Green House On Main - CLOSED

The Green House On Main
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We decided to take the buffet of $20 for souper. There was beef and turkey leg( just ok), seafood pastas, WHERE IS THE SEAFOOD IN THERE? Almost all white pasta and cheese. Two other item; potato and green beans. THAT's all.no salad, no dessert, well no seafood, no bread, nothing else. terrible for the price. You can go to the casino in moncton; better and cheaper.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I would NOT eat here, any restaurant that does not support their LOCAL suppliers does not deserve my business. I was appalled to read an advertisement in the newspaper today - advertising "Maine lobster", and at the same time "support local" suppliers. We live in the LOBSTER CAPITOL OF THE WORLD, and yet this restaurant is trying to drum up business with Maine lobster?

I have absolutely no previous experience with anything, or anyone who works here - just my own opinion based on the ad. I would love to hear an explanation for this?!

2  Thank mojodie
Reviewed July 22, 2012

After reading and hearing mixed reviews, friends & I thought we'd give it a chance, after all the outside and the gardens are so inviting and nice, you'd think that it would rub off on the staff. Not the case! Friends & I stopped in for what was intended as a casual evening out.... had we've known that it was an inconvenience for them to have customers, we'd of continued on to one of the other MANY restaurants in Shediac! We choose to sit outside on the extremely cluttered deck... after waiting for some time, I went inside to make sure that it was known we were sitting outside & we were looking to order drinks.... I saw some staff talking around the bar, waited patiently for them to finish & then asked if we could order, as our table was ready & wasn't sure if they knew that a new table was outside. One of the waitress' replied, while turning and rolling her eyes to the others 'we'll be right there, we're kinda busy'.... no problem... I'd obviously interrupted them talking about some drama from the night before that was extremely important for them to discuss in great lengths & with great detail for patrons to hear. When she did finally come to the table, she couldn't get away fast enough... we felt anything but welcome & although she ran around 'looking' busy... she was more concerned about re hashing the drama from before along with her co workers around the bar, as it was there we continued to have to look for her/anybody for drink refills, clearing of our table (appetizer plates)so we'd have more room to eat our meals... we'd of loved to hear about the desserts that they had, but was given the bill before the last person was even finished eating... we got the hint. Between the attitude from the waitress and the mediocre overpriced food, we all decided that if we wanted to hear about all that drama, next time we'd order pizza and turn on the T.V. so, at least that way we could enjoy ourselves in the comforts of our home, without feeling like we'd invaded the private club of a high school.
They might want to take a look at the menu (below) and read it... as they've obviously have overlooked some very important points.....myself & my friends (6 in total) will not be returning, needless to say.
The Green House on Main is about a celebration of local foods!
We proudly showcase high quality natural products!
At your table, you will be delighted to savour only natural foods exempt of
chemical additives, hormones or antibiotics. While valuing local farmers and their
products, we work with the community, for the community.
Our commitment to you, our guests, is to deliver a little masterpiece of prepared
local foods at affordable prices. We make every dish a creation prepared with love
and flair. We aim to become your favorite casual dining spot, making The Green
House on Main your prefered place to be with friends and the perfect place to
satisfy your taste buds.

3  Thank ShediacFoodie
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We decided to visit the Green House on Main for lunch. We had one terrible experience. Unfortunately there was no seating available inside and decided to eat on the patio, which was fine in itself. After being seated, we waited over 10 minutes before being approached by a server, although 2 or 3 were hanging around the bar area. The server was not very friendly and asked for our order. We had to push for her to serve us drinks. Disappointed when my wife was served a coke in a plastic cup. I had requested what beer was on tap and told there was a single option .. it was obvious that there was a different type of draft served to a table close by. It took another 10 to 15 minutes to get our drinks. Our food order was served a half hour after that. Our server did not approach us for further drinks during the wait. In fact the server that took our order did not return to our table until she brought the bill. We had to flag down another server to get a glass of water (requested for both of us but were served only one) and to request if my wife's coke could be served in a real glass (note there was not a drink served in a plastic cup anywhere else to be seen).

We ordered the marinated flank steak sandwich. There was a $2 up charge to substitute fries for a salad. In the end not worth it as only half were edible.The food was certainly over priced and not very good.

Due to the poor service, and lack of attention by a sever, I left a very minimal tip and certainly received looks of disdain from our server. She should be reminded that a tip is relative to the service provided, which I found minimal and about equal to what you l would get at a coffee shop.

Overall, poor service, poor food, and a very disappointing experience. Unlikely we will return to the Green House again.

3  Thank Terry P
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I had the salmon in phyllo pastry with a salad. It was good. Many friends had recommended this restaurant so maybe I was expecting great. In my opinion, it was not great.

The menu does not have a large number of choice. There were like 6 to 8 selections for a main meal.

We were 6 people and sat indoors. If I go back, I will sit outside especially with a group. The outdoor space is screened in and much more spatious but it is not fancy.

1  Thank LAF_20