“OK not great”

and 1 more site!
Gaudet Chalet & Motel Shediac
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Shediac
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Let's start with the positive things:
- very clean
- pet friendly
- checkin staff very friendly, helpful, courteous
- quiet at night (no noise that we noticed)

Negative things:
- decor dated, and personally I thought the cost of the room ($145 incl taxes for 2 double-beds, fridge & micro, pet-friendly) didn't reflect in the decor and/or amenties
- world's hardest beds (seriously ... my back is still aching);
- world's smallest shower ... not sure a really large person could use the shower; my husband is 6'2" and had a difficult time.

Location - OK, not really close to the beach if that is your thing, but not bad.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DorothySJ
GaudetChalets, Manager at Gaudet Chalet & Motel Shediac, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our rooms.

We appreciate your feedback and strive to make your next stay a better one. Our rooms are fairly new as we are only 81/2 years old and only open in the summer. That is why our decor is slightly dated as it's difficult to replace items that still look new for lack of use. Being open 4 months a year has made our decor last a bit longer than most places open year round. We realize that but our photos on our website do show the exact rooms as they are now. We do have plans to change the decor soon. Please keep an eye on us.

As for the beds, this is the first time anyone has said they were too firm. We will look into this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We have already starting making changes to our bathrooms to change them over from showers to full tubs. We have completed 6 of our rooms already. I am sorry you did not get one of those rooms during your stay but the renovations are under way. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the near future. We will work to improve.

-Samantha
Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2012

This place was just wonderful. The accommodations, the service, the friendly people and almost all the amenities of home right there at a pretty good price. The only thing stopping me from giving this place five our of five was the fact that it's a little far from the beach, but honestly? That's just being nitpicky. If you're in the area, stay there. Trust me.

Room Tip: You really want to stay at one of their Chalets. Even though I was alone and paying for a bed I did...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Gus B

Thank you for leaving us a review of your stay. Feedback from customers is the only way we can improve and offer better service.

We would be delighted to have you visit us again in the near future.

-Samantha
manager

Reviewed September 4, 2011

This motel is great! It is VERY CLEAN, and the owners are so nice and helpful, they recommended great places to eat. The motel/chalets are right off of main street, close to everything. Love Shediac and this will always be our top choice for staying in the Shediac area!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Amanda F
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We found the motel room very clean, quite new, beds were fine. Price is OK.
No problem with the reception, very friendly. We have no problem recommending this establishment.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Guy B
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Just came back from a trip throught the East Coast and have to say that after I read the last review about this place I was kind of worried. After having overpriced,small and smelly accomondation both in P.E.I and NS we were sooooo!!!!!! happy when we arrived at the Caudet cottage.We were 4 adults and 1 child.The cottage totally surprised us with the huge kitchen/living room space and the more than spacious bedrooms.It had everything we could have wished for and ,more and was extreamly clean.I am wondering where the last reviewers were staying because NOTHING was like they discribed it.Thanks to that last bad review my whole family was worried if we will ever get a break with good accomondation after what we had to endure in the last 2 provinces.Thanks to Samantha (the owner) for her advice ,(where to go and what to do )we had at last an enjoyable last few days,despite the bad weather. The only thing we had to complain about was the weather and that the location is a bit far away from the beach (you kind of have to drive)but central enough to walk anywhere else.So whoever is thinking about spending time at this establishment....go for it!!!!!
On a different note I will have to say that I am in no way related to the owners as the other reviewer is claiming about evrybody who has something nice to say......I just felt that I had to add my 5 cents because I do think that my good opinion counts just as much as the bad one

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank mimmi1961
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Just back from a wonderful holiday in New Brunswick! Stayed at Gaudet Chalets and it was perfect. Close to the beach, great units, great prices and covenient to everything! The owners gave us lots of information of places to visit, and the owners and staff treated us like royalty!! They made a great holiday with the kids even better.

Room Tip: great rooms with a kitchenette and lots of room for me and the kids
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PatrickR1980
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I disagree with the previous comment. We come every year and our motel has always been clean and have plenty of towels clean bedding and friendly service. The location is perfect which allows for lots of day trips. Never have had any issues and we like our relaxing vacation each year. This motel is clean, bright, new and has options for all your different needs.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Naron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shediac
Hotel Shediac
Seely's Motel
Seely's Motel
#4 of 4 in Shediac
Les Chalets de l'Aboiteau

Been to Gaudet Chalet & Motel Shediac? Share your experiences!