“Best fried clam in NB”

Chez Leo Fried Clams
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Shediac
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: I could not find a website for this great little place, but a link to another review site is provided. I am not sure if Shediac Bridge is actually a separate town from Shediac, but it is just 2 miles or so north of there.
nb canada
“Best fried clam in NB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Good food and staff wounder there been in buisness for a very long time whort to make a litle detour if your on your way to PEI stop in CAPE PElE

Visited August 2012
1 Thank eloirobi

Kingston, Canada
“Love those fried clams!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stopped by Chez Leo's for the first time on the weekend as we were passing through the area on our way to PEI. My husband had read the reviews on TripAdvisor so we decided to give it a try. As for the customer service, I totally agree with the review dated July 17, 2012, the staff are totally disorganized! With this business having been around for 60 years, one would think that they would have their organization/customer service in tune by now! They should have clearly marked Order and Pick Up windows. The fact that people can also go inside and order and use the same cashier as the outside orders is ridiculous! But, I must admit that their fried clams are the Best! They just need to work on customer service and organization, it's not that hard!

2 Thank canadathebeautiful
Fredericton, Canada
“Bad Customer Service Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were recently in Shediac on vacation and had planned in advance to visit Chez Leo as this has always been our first choice for fried clams. When we arrived, there was a lady in line and a man and his son at the second window. The lady was finally waited on and then the young girl working looked at me to serve me. I said that the man was here first and she rudely told him he was in the wrong line. When he asked if there was a sign somewhere indicating where the line was, she replied again with a rude 'No'. He then proceeded to order. At this time, about 10 tourists has gone inside the restaurant. What I didn't realize was that you can also order from a side counter inside. So rather than wait on me and the lady behind me (we had both been there long before this group of 10 came), the girl began waiting on all the people who had just walked in. After the first family was waited on, and paid, I thought she would probably turn back to me and take my order, but no, she continued with the others at the side counter. Finally, we decided not to wait any longer and go get clams just down the street and on the left (and they were delicious!). When I am spending $30-$40 for two meals at a 'canteen', I would expect better customer service and at least one smile or greeting from the employee. I really don't think that is too much to ask. So I can't comment on the clams....in previous years they were good, but we won't be back again due to the lack of good customer service. Down the road we were met with two smiling faces, delicious clams, and a much better experience.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank VNan
L4r4k3
“The Best Fried clams of the Eastern Coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have recently driven from Ontario through the US and up the eastern seaboard. We have eaten a lot of fried clams. We came to this diner/restaurant because of Trip advisor and we did not regret our visit even though the owner felt the clams were not at their best as the clams are spawning. They were the best we have had to date and would come back here in a heart beat if anywhere close.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Ricarda B
Guelph, Canada
“#1 for Fried Clams”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Fried clams at Chez Leo is a "must do" for us every time we are home in the summer. Nice small clams and always perfectly cooked. You can drive your car through the field to a picnic table and enjoy the fresh air while you have your lunch. Wonderful place to eat!!

• Visited September 2011