“excellent!”

Lobster Deck Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Shediac
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingston
“excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

After reading the reviews for all of the seafood restaurants in Shediac, I was still very undecided as to where to go for food. I wanted a good seafood meal (at a restaurant that has food other food than seafood as some members of my family dont like seafood). Anyway, I decided to ask some locals and was directed to go to the Lobster Deck. The average price of the appetizers was about $10 and the prices of food ranged in price from $14 to about $40. For only $14.99 you could get lobster rolls, which I ordered. They were amazing! I ordered crab cakes for an appetizer and they were the best I have ever had! The service was fantastic and everyone in my family was happy with their meal. My boyfriends brother ate the chicken alfredo and he said it was the best he has ever had. Service was quick as well. Not sure what happened the nights those other posters wrote about but that was definitely not our case. Definitely worth a stop. Best fish and chips that we"ve had yet on the east coast. Please visit! We were not disappointed!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank canadiangirl1987

Halifax, Canada
“Overpriced and without atmosphere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

Although the actual deck is pretty cool, the food is expensive and not at all worth what you pay for it. Had seafood casserole that was topped with some sort of processed cheese, and my husband had a steak that was a terrible cut. Price is similar to that of fine dining without the atmosphere or good food. It's possible this would be enjoyable for an evening of pub food on the deck, but definitely not for a nice meal.

The atmosphere, although recently renovated, feels generic and mismatched. Not an enjoyable place to spend an evening.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank TerriandAdam
Halifax, Canada
“They seem to do well with the deep fryer, but then again, so does the 15 year old at McDonald's”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

I'm not a seafood eater, so when a social gathering brought me to the Lobster Deck, I chose the Chicken Parmesean. The burnt cheese on top hid any hint of pasta sauce or chicken. Way too much store-bought Italian seasoning gave the chicken a bad taste. Vegetables were just above room temperature. Rice was greasy. Friends who chose fried foods were happy. Server was friendly.

Toronto
“Not worth it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

We had high hopes for a terrific lobster & seafood dinner in Shediac, NB. Unfortunately, we chose the wrong restaurant. We thought The Lobster Deck would be a good restaurant but we were thoroughly disappointed. We ordered our food, and waited > 45 minutes to get our appetizers! The manager said there was a situation in the kitchen and it was fixed... but it then took close to another hour before the rest of the food came out! The service was horrible. When the food came, it was not the meal we anticipated. The cost of this horrible meal with horrible service was too expensive for what we received. It turned out to be about the same as the cost of the fabulous dinner we had at the Fairmont Algonquin (a 5 star resort & restaurant) -- what a thorough disappointment!!!!