This review is based on my honest and well travelled opinion.............
My husband and I and our two children, a toddler and 10 year old stayed here for two nights (July, 2013). We were initially going to camp, but being tired and business owner's ourselves, we decided to pay for a hotel hoping that we could have some of the comforts of home after spending our days on the beach.
First I want to say the outside of the property is very nice and the pool is wonderful. The accommodation's were very basic, at least the room we stayed in was. We were in room 103 and it was the handicapped room, meaning things such as the shower were altered. We were not made aware of this or offered another room.
Upon arriving, we were one hour early checking in. My husband went in and was promptly given our key, when we entered the room it was a total mess and the maid had not been there to clean up after the previous occupant. (upon check out when I mentioned this to the clerk she argued with me that we were made aware that the room was not ready, that was a total lie)We also noticed the bathroom door (folding door) was completely off the track. I called the front desk and they said that they would have it cleaned right away. I said we were leaving for the beach anyway....It was then I noticed the bathroom door, called again, the girl said thank your for my patience...here is the rest:
- first night about 9pm I pulled out the couch for the kids, no sheets, no blankets, no pillows, took an hour for the guy to bring some (and two tries, the first he brought a blanket :-(
-the shower had a wooden bench that takes 3/4 of the stall, it would not stay up, coupled with the shower head that kept shutting off there was no relaxing shower..
-we were not given towels for a family but only two bath towels...
-we were given a 7am complimentary wake up call both mornings of our vacation, very very upsetting with a tired toddler....not nice to have the phone ringing so early on vacation!!
-the breakfast was the worst I have ever had at a hotel. The bread (as a previous review states) was outdated and this in my opinion is not ok, be it frozen or not. The milk and juice were not individual but in large containers sitting in about an inch of ice....Very basic, very cheap, not good. I am in the food service business and I would never serve such substandard food to my clients, ever. When I told the clerk about the out dated bread, she said no it isn't, showed her the outdated bag, she then said its frozen....
-bring your own toilet paper as theirs is about as soft as sandpaper and actually hurt to use...we had to buy our own....
-upon check out I asked for a manager, the "new" young girl working called the owners home, and spoke to a lady that told her he was not home and to leave my name and number and that I would be called on Monday. Nobody would even speak to me on the phone.
I was charged the full price $125 per night plus tax on my credit card and basically told too bad. I warn anyone thinking of going here to be very careful, I found it to be a total rip off and when no manager or owner would at least speak to me I realized what I was dealing with and left. During the entire stay and upon check out "I'm sorry" was never said once....
PS The free wifi was awful...cut in and out and could not really be used...
We are a hard working, happy family that just wanted a long weekend at the beach. I want to warn other people not to waste their hard earned money on a motel that not only makes a lot of errors, but does not even have the decency to address them and speak to unhappy customers.
I feel mislead and totally ripped off, buyer beware :-(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indoor Heated Pool, FREE Continental Breakfast, Conference and Meeting Room Facilities, FREE Wireless Internet Service & Wired Secure Connects, Refrigerator, microwaves in all rooms, Guest Computer Internet Access, FREE Parking, Remote Control HVAC, All Rooms NON-SMOKING, Discount Coupons for Major Attractions, Business Traveller Fax and Photocopy Service, Parlee Beach within walking distance, 24 Hour Security, Reduced allergen rooms available (no carpets), Suites, Kitchenettes including Bridal Suite with Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Seely's Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seely's Motel Shediac, New Brunswick