“Consistently Good”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We're regulars at this local Chinese restaurant. While their combo plates are popular with some and they do a good take out business, we order off the extensive menu. My husband loves the seafood noodle soup. We often order the eggplant casserole and hope there will be some left to take home. Cantonese noodle is another one of our favourites as is House Spicy Chicken. This is a family run business. The service is friendly and usually prompt (unless they are really, really busy).

The Sampan serves dim sum on Saturdays and Sundays. As it's a smaller restaurant they don't have carts and you order off the menu.

They are closed on Tuesdays.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and i love the Combo plates and the ALL YOU CAN EAT (freshly cooked) we eat here at least once a week. They make there own egg rolls and they are soooo good. We have eaten at many other chiness restaurants (fredericton, others in saint john, woodstock, moncton, maine US) and we find this the best chiness food yet. Its not a fansy place by any means but the food is always good and they give you lots. I always take some home for lunch the next day. The ALL YOU CAN EAT is really good to. Its like buffett by its ordered fresh and you only get what you want. So if you want 5 egg rolls then they bring you 5.

We eat almost every meal out because we are busy and don't want the hassel of cooking or cleaning up and we like variety so over all this is my favourite place to eat in Saint John. When people come to visit we make sure that we take them to the Sampan.

Our meal is between $23.00-34.00 depending on what we get.

2  Thank 12RM34
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Sampan is the only restaurant in saint John that offers AUTHENTIC Chinese food, dim sum, on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The rest in sj only offer Canadian Chinese food, things like fried rice, chicken balls, butterfly shrimp, ginger beef , wonton soup, chow Mein, low mien, sweet and sour chicken, basic Canadian Chinese. Sampan also offers these, all throughout the week. I enjoyed everything we had here, we had the shrimp roles, shrimp dumplings, chicken pot stickers, beef tendon, sticky rice, BBQ pork dumplings, been sprout noodles, Shanghai steamed dumplings and a few things I forget the name. Delicious.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I LOVE chinese (or NA style chinese food anyway, I know). I'd rate this place in the top 5 of the 30 or so in the area. I've got to try the weekend dimsum some time..

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Go often for great Dim Sum
Frequented by locals who appreciate good chinese cuisine