“Excellent Experience”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We arrived in St. John, NB a little late after a half-day on the road, and this establishment was recommended to us by our hotel personnel. It was clean, service was good, and the steak that my wife ordered was both excellent and priced right. I had the Greek salad and baked potato, and both were done well and very satisfying. This is a clean, casual establishment with good service, something for everyone (including vegetarians like me) on the menu, and priced reasonably. We definitely recommend it.

1 Thank george_shepard
jennifer19732013, Manager at Portland Pub & Steak House, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thanks for your visit. Come back soon

“Worst takeout expirience”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I just worked a 9 hour shift and wanted a nice, quick home cooked meal. I ordered a steak and mashed potatoes and really all I wanted was mashed potatoes. Got it picked up by a local delivery company only to open my food to a burnt steak ( I ordered medium) and fries smothered in gravy. I didn't bother even eating it. If I wanted fries I would have went to McDonald's and spent 3 bucks instead of 15. Now I'm exhausted, hungry and have to get up in 8 hours and do it all over again on an empty stomach. Next time I'll take my money and go to sobeys for my own mashed potatoes.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank dunphys_girl
jennifer19732013, Manager at Portland Pub & Steak House, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Sorry for the mix up on your takeout. Wish you would have called to report it. Another meal would have been sent to you at no charge.
SAINT JOHN
“Breakfast”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Just got back from having breakfast at the pub, we had steak ( cooked just the way it was ordered)
eggs, toast and grilled home fries. Service was excellent, and the food hot and yummy. Now that summer is over we are back to our Sunday ritual, breakfast at the pub. Anytime I have been to the pub, I get excellent service, and always good food, and yes sometimes you have to wait, but what place can you go into get a great meal and be out in fifteen minutes, not to many, so yes I defiantly will continue to support the Portland pub.

• Visited September 2013
Thunder Bay, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worst service”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

There was no way this bar was interested in making any money....we practically had to beg to be served a second beer. Our food order was slow which would have been OK if the staff had been even slightly attentive. I think the food server and the bartender were at odds but also noticed other tables getting their orders before ours although no one was really on top of any of the bar orders. Food was average and I would not recommend this place.

1 Thank KarenMThurgood
jennifer19732013, Guest Relations Manager at Portland Pub & Steak House, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Would like to have a minute of your time and say sorry for the service you received at the Portland Pub. It would be very helpful if you could tell me the day you were in so the situation could be addressed. Thanks for your time.
Saint John, Canada
“Good enough”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My parents are crazy about this place and we've been to it on numerous occasions. The food is nothing to rave about. The service, although the staff are so friendly, is absolutely slow. The atmosphere is that of a typical dive bar.