“good food, bad customer service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Oromocto, Canada
“good food, bad customer service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Hubby & I were here for brunch last Sunday. i had Zack's Stack, which was good, but a bit skimpy on the creme anglaise. Hubby had Bagelox with lots of delicious fruit. The problem came when I was finishing my cup of coffee, with the last swallow I got a mouthful of not delicious coffee grounds! We showed the cup to our waitress, who offered me another cup which I declined as I had had enough coffee already. When she brought our bill, I noticed that we had been charged for the coffee, which I had assumed would be comped. So when we went to pay up front, I explained the situation to the cashier and told her I didn't want to pay for the coffee. She disappeared for a while, came back and offered me a coffee to go. I said no, I don't want any more coffee, I just don't want to pay for this coffee. She disappeared again, and this time someone else (I'm assuming a shift supervisor or manager) came to the cash and i explained the situation to her. She said " For future reference you could have had another cup of coffee or a coffee to go". I said that I had declined those offers and just didn't want to pay for the coffee. She then said "All right, but it will take me a little while to ring it in because I have to do extra stuff". Whatever! No need to worry about "future reference" because I won't be back! Any other restaurant would have comped the coffee immediately and I couldn't believe I had to go through all this hassle for $2.50.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank chipmunk57

Bathurst, Canada
“slow service delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was one of only two restaurants open on sunday, not counting fast food like the coffeeplaces and macdonalds. It was busy and and hour before we ate. Well worth the wait as the food was good but not good if you are working in a small time frame.

Visited October 2013
Saint John, Canada
“Good breakfast but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I ordered the eggs benedict, but was informed that they were out of english muffins, so it could either go on toast or order something else. That didn't appeal to me, so I ordered the 10-star omelette. It was pretty good, the potatoes were good too, fresh fruit is always nice as well. Service was a bit slow and not overly friendly or helpful. Would go back because I usually enjoy it more than this particular occasion.

• Visited September 2013
Ancaster, Canada
“Staff should actually serve people instead of standing around & gossiping”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This breakfast was terrible. Only thing worse than the food was the service by the lazy, gossipy servers. If you're going to gab about so & so & what she said to whom at least seat the customers away from your hen session. Oh & were those potatoes from 3 or 4 days ago?

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Puggers
saint john
“overpriced for undercooked food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've been here 3 times. We tried the Cora's breakfast which is essentially what you would make at home. It was mediocre and overpriced. Second time was a crepe with chocolate and banana, not very good but not my cup of tea either. Third and final time was yesterday. Never going back. Overpriced and they don't know how to cook. Eggs Benedict, more sauce than anything else. Seriously, at least 4 table spoons. $12 in Hollandaise. Egg was a little raw and Hollandaise had no taste. Husband got there full breakfast and got served wierd tasting beans, cat food, old meat, crepe that was really a pancake, dry toast and raw straight through eggs. Oh, and everything was cold. Yum. Will never go back. 3 x was way more than enough.

• Visited July 2013