“Small Pizzeria”

Romano's Pizza & Spaghetti Hs
Ranked #38 of 237 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Fredericton, Canada
“Small Pizzeria”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Don't expect fine dining. Expect a middle of the road pizzeria. Smell of old world pizza, oregano every where. Never buy the ceaser salad, it's crappy. Why they use mustard in their dressing is beyond me. I don't think they know how to make ceaser dressing and they don't use Romaine, they use head lettuce. Avoid. BUT, if you ask for a Ceaser Salad, tell them you don't want their ceaser dressing but ask for their House Dressing. The House Dressing is DIVINE. They used to sell a garden salad with their house dressing but they stopped. The Baklava is very good. All the right spices, ask for it heated, that gets the honey running and eat very slowly, savouring every bit.

Visited August 2013

Moncton, Canada
“Real Pizza”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is what Pizza should taste like not greasy crust nice and dry/crispy crisp with real ingredients.
Great delivery just 23 minutes delivered to the Holiday Inn.

Visited September 2013
Seabrook, Texas
“Pizza and wings for family takeout”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped by to order Pizza and wings for the family...last night together and thought it would be a great idea, it was and the size of the Pizza's were huge, large could have fed all 8 of us.
Very good but the crust was not cooked all the way...wings were good..but the hot sauce was burning hot. Nice man that took our order, we sat down for a beer while waiting and the waitress had an attitude...never mind, Expensive but enough for tons of leftovers for the road home.

• Visited August 2013
Saint John, Canada
“Great Food, Huge Portions”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I eat there every Monday, I have a big appetite but always manage to take home leftovers, great for the next day lunch or dinner.
Wonderful flavours and laid back atmosphere make this a must restaurant to visit. The waitress on Monday's is always very attentive and helpful, thank you Jo!

Do try any of their stir fries, pizza and lasagne is a must and their Italian Sausage dish amazing.

• Visited August 2013
Saint John, Canada
“DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I heard good reviews so I decided to take my parents here. Such a horrible mistake. When we arrive we were not seated right away. The entrance is confusing as it was unclear if you seat yourself or wait to be seated. When we sat down there were MAYBE 3 tables there (not busy at all)

Anyone who has ever worked in the food industry knows that you should immediately bring menus and water to the table. The waitress did neither. After 15 minutes, I went up to ask her for 3 menus. She snapped at me and said "I'm really busy" Um, great way to talk to the customer, lady! After deciding on what we wanted, it took at least 20-30 minutes for her to even return to the table (still no water). At this point we had already invested so much time (We should have left!) She was so obviously rude, it was awkward when she took our order. This was probably the worst restaurant experience of our lives. It was truly irritating when you're waiting for service and she is actually doing nothing. Once we saw our plates come out we were not surprised when she left them out to get cold. Finally when she brought the food over, it was nothing to write home about. My father, who never complains about food, was absolutely disgusted and actually told me to not try what he had ordered (it was that bad!) He got skewers. I ordered the spaghetti and you can get FAR better at other local restaurants. I would go on about how long it took to get the cheque or how bland the food was, but I actually get angry just thinking that a server could actually treat customers like this. Of course though, when she felt we were getting ready to leave she put on the nice act.

Never in my life have I felt like warning people about the restaurant they were walking in to. A couple came in as we were waiting and I immediately felt like telling them to just turn around and find a better place. The woman actually pointed out how dirty the utensils were and the man asked who cleans the dishes to which the waitress said quickly, "Not me, heehee". Ew, seriously?

Needless to say, the restaurant needs to re-evaluate their menu (she completely over charged us, to which I told her the proper cost should appear on the menu) and they also need to realize how horrible at least one of their servers are. So disgusted!

• Visited July 2013