“Pleasant atmospher for a mixed group”
Review of Mexicali Rosa's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Food is not special, standard chain fare. Nice ambiance and capable of producing enjoyable nights with friends.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Have not been here in years as their previous menu was lacking, but recieved a gift card for Christmas and went to the new location last night. New menu is fantastic! It was actually hard to decide with so many great options! We took advantage of the Thursday 6.95$ appetizers which we were shocked to find applied to all appetizers and small nachos with no limit to how many you purchased like many other restaurants. For 50$ we had 6 different dishes thinking they would be small as they we were appetizers. We were wrong! The servings were large! My boyfriend can eat a lot an we has plenty of leftovers. Food was very tasty. Like the new location but it was very dark. So dark it was difficult to read the menu. Our server was good as far as taking orders and getting them correct, however he lacked in the area of refills (probably because we were drinking water). The restaurant was almost empty so that was a little bit ridiculous. Other than those two things a great place. I will definitely return!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

..not that great. Could not find a quickly good restaurant in town being a visitor on the first day .. so ended up here .. it was ok but in retrospect it was pretty bland .. it felt like a microwaved prepared item .. it filled me but not to write home about .. so just write here then I guess ... next day I found Taco Pica which proved to be amazing and really showed me the contrast ..

Reviewed October 21, 2012

For a date-night out, awesome, fun little restaurant. Amazing food (chicken nachos are the bomb!). We make a date to go monthly.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

They have moved and it is an awesome location. Now on Princess Street. I love the nacho's. I always go on Mondays for the drink speicals and thursdays for the 1/2 price app when you but a beverage. Soooo good.