“Chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Was my favourite place to have Chinese food in Saint John. Varied menu. Have no been for some time as cannot take oily foods

1  Thank Marie C
There are newer reviews for Jade City Restaurant

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Delicious food, nice staff, and pretty reasonable prices. My only complaint, and it's the same with all Chinese restaurants in the area. They can't beat the large variety and also prices of their american competition. HOWEVER, they are ten times better at Jade City than at the Queen's Buffet on the other side of the same mall. The only thing Queen's Buffet is better on is decor and very attentive waitresses, their food is disgusting! Stick with Jade City.

3  Thank uryi_live
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We eat here pretty often. The staff here are great, very helpful and polite. The atmosphere is nice. Quiet cozy place. We usually get the buffet which I think has lots of items and they do fill their trays constantly. The beef and broccoli is amazing. Chicken balls are fantastic since they don't have too much batter. Worth the price and the taste us great. We got at least once a month and don't plan on stopping Anytime soon. No complaints here :)

2  Thank Jaime T
Reviewed July 18, 2012

The first time I reviewed Jade City I gave them high marks . Unfortunately they have slipped , mostly because of a newer Chinese restaurant taking a lot of buisness away . They have less selections to choose from plus what they have has been sitting in the trays far too long . I really liked the owners and staff and feel sorry for their demise . Ordering off the menu would be the way to go as their food is really exceptional when fresh .

2  Thank BrianA060
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've been to Jade city twice, after being recommended to go there, by a couple of Chinese people! You know it's not bad when that happens. On both visits the food was good, service friendly, and enjoyed the atmosphere. The place is not too brightly lit so you don't feel like you're in an FBI interrogation room. On my first visit I became addicted to some triangle shaped pastry type things stuffed with a mouth watering curry flavoured filling. I don't know and don't care what it's called, I just want them all. They were all out on my second visit but I was told there will be more of them. I did not find anything on the buffet that disagreed with me, and I gravitate toward the spiciest things available. This is one of the buffets that real asian people visit, it's not the "americanized" that only has chicken fried rice. You can get white rice. There is a good selection including deserts and your choice of soda. To quote Arnold "I'll be back".

1  Thank vwooom