“Tasty, friendly, good atmosphere. Confucious say eat here.”
Review of Jade City Restaurant - CLOSED

Jade City Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I've been to Jade city twice, after being recommended to go there, by a couple of Chinese people! You know it's not bad when that happens. On both visits the food was good, service friendly, and enjoyed the atmosphere. The place is not too brightly lit so you don't feel like you're in an FBI interrogation room. On my first visit I became addicted to some triangle shaped pastry type things stuffed with a mouth watering curry flavoured filling. I don't know and don't care what it's called, I just want them all. They were all out on my second visit but I was told there will be more of them. I did not find anything on the buffet that disagreed with me, and I gravitate toward the spiciest things available. This is one of the buffets that real asian people visit, it's not the "americanized" that only has chicken fried rice. You can get white rice. There is a good selection including deserts and your choice of soda. To quote Arnold "I'll be back".

1  Thank vwooom

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We went there for dinner and it was almost empty. The limited selections were not fresh.
I will not go back again.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Nice buffet, friendly service, good value for the money. The only bad spot is the HUGE TV mounted at the front. I like to get away from TV and such when I go out. But its minor I just sit with my back to it

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Nice buffet, not as bland as the huge new place around the corner, which has kept them from quickly going under as predicted, apparently. I've been for weekend evening buffets attended by a lot of asians and there are some REAL interesting selections.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had ate at the Jade City when I last visited Saint John a few years ago and enjoyed it then so I wanted to eat there again. The thing I like about it is the buffet offers a great variety, There is authentic noodles dishes like the chow mein and chow fun and the mussels are good. There's also western food like chicken balls, chicken wings, fries, and onion rings for those who aren't as adventurous with the other foods. For the price of $13 it's a good value and variety. For dessert, they had fruit and fruit puddings. You can also order a large plate of fries and it's only $3 or so!

Next time I'm in Saint John, I will be back!