“Lemongrass is amazing!!!”

Lemongrass
Ranked #11 of 244 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai Fare & Pub Fare Craft beer, Heated Patio, Live Music
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Lemongrass is amazing!!! The food is so tasty and the servers are always polite. I love fire cracker shrimp and Lord of the Wings Thursdays!!! it is my go to bar and even if I go alone, I can always chat with the staff and feel at home! Can't wait for this Thursday! Woooo

There are newer reviews for Lemongrass

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Went to go eat at what we thought was a up scale resturant..........waited atlleast 20 mins before a server even walked by....then we flagged her down to get menus food was great but it was over an 1 and a half to 2 hours by the time we sat down! Why so slow?? Didnt really seem like the mangement cared about service....but good food and drinks!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nothing to write home about. Average service and food not very tasty. The individual sized pizza was like cardboard. Will not be back

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We ate at Lemongrass/Peppers Pub when we stopped in Saint John on our way to Fundy National Park. We chose this place as it had both Thai and pub food which appealed to our group's different tastes. It was a rainy evening, so we ate inside. The decor was OK, very pubby and dim. Two of our group decided on a margarita as the server highly recommended them, but when they came, served in microscopic martini glasses, they both agreed they were the absolute worst-tasting margaritas they had ever tried. The price was ridiculous as well for such a microscopic drink! Three of us ordered pub food, two fish and chips and one lamb burger. The fish and chips were just OK, and the portion was tiny (two very small pieces of fish with a not-so-crunchy batter). The sweet potato fries were good, although you had to pay a couple dollars more for them. The one who ordered the lamb burger thought it was good, but again, pretty small for the price. One person ordered a Thai dish and asked for extra vegetables in it. She said she enjoyed it, but the veggies didn't seem very predominant even after asking for extra. The service was very slow and several tables around us seemed to get their food before us even though we had arrived first. The waitress was nice when she came to our table, but we didn't see her very often and she didn't ask to refill our water or check on our food when it arrived. Seems to me this restaurant would be better off concentrating on one cuisine or the other since they only do a mediocre job of either.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I are regulars here and have always enjoyed the food. We normally come on Tuesdays as that is the night we both have off. Our last 2 visits offered excellent food, but overall terrible service. Last Tuesday happened to be the finale to Saint John Idol, so when we sat on the patio we expected a wait. What we didn't expect was to get a brand new server who was shadowing on her first day. She was incredibly friendly and introduced herself and took our orders. We ordered the Thai platter (we always do and it never disappoints), I then ordered the Southern Curry Noodles, and my husband ordered the Chiang Mai Noodles. After placing our order we are blessed with the presence of the "real" server who should have been taking our order in the first place. She tells us that, as it was the shadowers first day, she had no idea that the Southern Curry Noodles are terrible and are always sent back. Fair enough, I wanted a recommendation and she wasn't fully aware of picky dishes beforehand. The "actual server" then recommended the Drunken Noodles, which I decided to order with added veggies. We sip our drinks and realize about 25 minutes later that we don't have our appetizer platter. I then attempt to flag down our server twice, and on my third attempt get her attention (at this point Idol is over and there are only 7 tables on the patio, many she is not serving). I inquire about our appetizer and she looks at me and says the other shadower must have forgotten to ring it in, and asks if we still want it. We do, and literally 2 minutes later our main courses arrive via a different server. The food is great, and I am in love with eating my husbands Chiang Mai noodles. Our platter arrives by the same server who dropped off our platter, she then clears our plates when done. When we ask to place an order for dessert with our server she informs us that this new girl is our server. Thanks for the heads up, good to know the original server wanted nothing to do with us. Overall a great night.
We went this Tuesday as well and had the same server that blamed the shadower for her mistakes. We sat on the patio again, this time only 3 of us out there, and she was terrible. The girl who had been shadowing remembered us and was friendly. We wish we had had her instead of the "server" we got, who was less then attentive and again, seemed like she wanted nothing to do with us. When we go again (I am pregnant and craving Thai) I will request a different waitress as this one is less than palatable.