“A review of the reviews”
Review of Lemongrass

Lemongrass
Ranked #9 of 240 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Thai Fare & Pub Fare Craft beer, Heated Patio, Live Music
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A review of the reviews”
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Although i don't put too much stock in these reviews because of how many single review accounts there are that are either raving about the places or tearing them apart. I will comment that if someone was ever short changed at Lemongrass then it would have been an accident and i am sure the problem was immediately taken care of.. The room temperature bottle of white wine was from a fridge that malfunctioned. I realize that one off experiences like these still tend to sour the tone of the evening and we humbly apologize and accept full responsibility. Since most complaints like this are not actually received at the restaurant it is hard to rectify or use the criticism in a constructive manor, especially if you can't determine whether the comments are real or some sort of sabotage .

Lemongrass has undergone alot of changes over the years but has never had the quality of service, product, and staff that it has now. Coming close to our 7th year in business and still working to improve upon what we have is what keeps us going strong. Come meet the staff of Lemongrass and Peppers Pub and judge for yourselves and leave a review at the restaurant where it can be used as a useful tool for us to fine tune your experience. So as not to skew the rating on the site i will leave everything at average in order to submit this

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank PeppersPubSJ

Saint John, Canada
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed April 28, 2011

While their food can be amazingly mediocre, you'd better make sure you count your change before you leave. Be prepared to have an "in your face" experience with wait staff. Customer service is non-existant with the exception of one female server who appears to care about the customer and her workplace.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank FoodieNB
Halifax, Canada
“Don't bother”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

Although my family loves Thai food, we all left half of our very expensive meall on our plates. The white wine was served at room temperature and not a degree colder. When I brought this up to the waitress, a new glass or a credit was not offered. This proved that the service was just as poor as the food.

• Visited March 2011
4 Thank NSTravel101
Saint John, Canada
“If you don't know Thai food ...then maybe you can eat there.”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I had the phad thai which I have had better at a cheap take out. It was dry , bland and tasted mostly like lime. My friends had the butter chicken which was mostly tomato paste and golden curry which was quite good. My husband had the cashew chicken with local veggies and it was yummy. The money bags (appetizer) were good but it is hard to screw up deep fried. The pop is so watered down there and they gave us plastic cups to drink out of. I did not pay for my phad thai as I told the waitress it was super dry so they told us they would take it off the bill. The staff is great, friendly, and prompt. Mixed drinks are pretty good there and many beer selections. It is better place to get pub food and watch a band now than it is a Thai restaurant. I would recommend what they call Peppers pub but not Lemongrass.

1 Thank hotcandie6
Toronto, Canada
“Boring”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Our food arrived quite quickly....I guess that's because the restaurant, or is it a bar now was empty...on a Saturday lunch? The food had virtually no taste....but plenty of texture in the undercooked mung bean noodles in the salad rolls. Where was the mint and basil and or cilantro? This is hardly Thai food...in fact we're not really sure what that was. Pad Thai was very very boring. No spark of vinegar or fresh herbs except for a few wilted sad leaves of cilantro which were left to die under a heat lamp. Rice was cooked well and the portions were large but with such lack of flavour we couldn't eat that much. The bathrooms were absolutely horrific. Dark and very very dirty...we won't be returning. Sorry.

1 Thank travellingchef1