“Excellent value”

Ranked #7 of 16 Saint John B&B and Inns
Saint John, Canada
“Excellent value”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I just needed a convenient, inexpensive, single room for business travel enroute to Halifax, and got a luxurious minivacation. Lovely hosts, jacuzzi, guide to the sights, music, an art room with projects to try, quiet to catch up on some work, all in gracious surroundings in an elegant and quirky wonderful inn. I will recommend it to my friends and hope to return with my family. There is more to see and do in St. John than I realized, and I hope to come back with more time to explore.

Room Tip: Traveling solo, so asked for a single room--lovely small room, inexpensive, but next door was a huge...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank BelleIsle6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Why would you stay anywhere else ? Tanners is central. Tanners is very welcoming. Tanners serves a great breakfast. I arrived here on the wrong date. They welcomed me anyway and showed me to a lovely room with sitting room, TV,fully equipped bathroom, fridge, microwave, toaster, etc. Not that I needed it....breakfast was was amazing. Homemade strawberry soup, bacon, eggs, toast, strawberries, juice, and all the coffee I could drink. The house is Saint John heritage, beautifully restored with attention to detail. There's even an art room. I was given a tour of the entire house and it was totally lovely and delightful in it's quirkiness. Very, very clean. The owners take great pride in this establishment.
I came here for respite from an ailing spouse, and it was so relaxing. I felt like I was in my own home without any stress and good company if I wanted it.
I paid far less than I what I paid at a hotel and was infinitely happier.

Room Tip: Great family accommodations with adjoining rooms if you need it. Also,there is a comfortable, extern...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ginger154957
Innisfail, Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for 5 nights and Terry and Mercer made us feel right at home. We even had a sing-song one night with Mercer playing guitar. The breakfasts were awesome and the conversations with Terry and Jane each morning made our day! Such wonderful ladies!! I know I will definitely be staying here again each time I am in Saint John to visit family. I felt like I made new friends and it was hard to say good-bye!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank constantlysinging
Hawaii
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Dont miss this wonderful B & B. Great location close to all. 3 family members stayed in the downstairs 2 bedroom with kitchen and nice sitting area. Quiet neighborhood and the breakfast, especially the baked apples were awesome.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Wenicki
Cincinnati
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great location in Uptown Saint John, close to some excellent seafood restaurants and Saint John City Market. Two couples stayed in what converted into a two bedroom efficiency with a sitting area and a fully equiped kitchen. We had tons of room! The home cooked breakfasts were great with a varied menu.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank adventurer1234
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The owner moved her car from her personal locked garage for us to use. We had bikes on the car and she wanted to make sure they were safe. Charming old house, great room and wonderful hospitality

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Barwin
CT
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Owners Terry and Mercer went out of there way to make our stay extra-special. Rooms were all beautiful and perfectly appointed. Breakfast was wonderful and we'll definitely return next time we're in St. John. Easy walking distance to downtown St. John.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family