“Fresh and delicious”
Review of En Sushi Bar

En Sushi Bar
Ranked #26 of 253 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Description: Enjoy authentic Japanese Sushi in a stylish and cozy atmosphere, located adjacent to The Canterbury Lounge on Canterbury Street. En Sushi Bar is open Tuesday-Saturday from 5pm-10pm
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My first time in and I was very impressed. The sushi was super fresh, and every single piece was delicious, even the most simple of rolls was delicious. We had the dragon roll combo, and butterfish roll with ume sauce. Both were amazing! And miso soup is different than any other I have had, but a nice surprise! Yum! We will be back again!

5  Thank babbycat

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not only is the food delicious, but En's staff are so welcoming; we love the atmosphere...and the Sapporro!

4  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I love sushi… I really do.
Upon recommendation of the hotel, we chose this place for dinner… and we were definitely not disappointed. To be honest, this is one of the better sushi meals that I have been to, rating in my personal top 10 sushi restaurants I have encountered.

If I am not mistaken, this chef used to work for "Sense of Tokyo". Due to some “situation” he left, and opened up this place. Since then, Sense of Tokyo has dropped in quality, and this little place will take over as the ruler of sushi in St. John. At least, it has my vote!!!

POSITIVE POINTS:
When we arrived, we were pleasantly greeted by the staff, seating us on a bench in front of the chef. We could see him preparing the food. Sitting on a bench, my first thought was not the most positive one, but it was quickly transformed when our dinner ordeal commenced.

The staff was really friendly and made it easy for us to get what we were looking for. They accepted to make up a special order for us, that was not on the menu – which was a plus.

Saki is too much for me, so we stick to the conventional bottle of white wine. That with the food… really hit the spot 

The atmosphere in the place was nice, and the decoration is relatively simple… but does the job. Not pretentious at all, but not in any way too basic. I think they got it right!

Well, the best is left for last in this report. The food arrived. WOW… excellent presentation, but better still was the taste. It was clear that everything was fresh... REALLY FRESH. The taste was perfect. Sushi is an art, and if one piece is stale… it ruins the whole experience. NOT this place… perfect, fresh and really well prepared and presented.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
You know…
I am trying hard to find ONE… and I cannot. This place on the night I was there, was perfect in all aspects… from service to what is important… the food. FANTASTIC!!!

I would comment… it is not the cheapest place in town, but it is worth every cent spent.

SUMMING UP:
Staff if amazing and friendly… and I cannot praise the chef enough. He knows exactly what he is doing, and does it brilliantly. Just keep up the standards, and this will soar to the best sushi place in Saint John. I have no doubt about it.

5  Thank Trave1Bandit
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The food is amazing ! The staff is super friendly and the prices are reasonable. I recommend the butter fish and the spicy salmon. Sooooo good. There are also vegetarian options and lunch specials.

7  Thank Jill M
Reviewed March 25, 2014

In my opinion, EN offers the best sushi in town! Always so delicious and so fresh! I can't emphasize that point enough and when we're speaking raw food freshness is key and EN delivers every time. To top it of all this goodness is offered with a smile free of charge. To recap, EN offers, great food with great service and no queasy!!I will be back to EN as often as I can! <3

6  Thank kazwhiz