“Good family-friendly Italian”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Good family-friendly Italian”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate there with 3 teenage children. Overall a good meal, friendly and good service, and a casual Canadian atmosphere. I would rate the pasta above te pizzas. The bruschetta appetizer was excellent. The pasta dishes are well conceived, and well done. The drink menu, while limited to basic cocktails, beer, and wine, works well. The staff were very helpful, and very pleasant. A solid choice for a nice dinner in downtown St. John.

Visited August 2013

“Don't go here”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Quotes from our group of 10. "The spaghetti with meat sauce tastes like exhaust." " Do you think this is a frozen pizza...tastes like cardboard." "The sauce is ok, but the gnocchi is horrible."
The service was good, but the food was a total disappointment.

• Visited July 2013
Saint John, Canada
“HUGE PORTIONS, Okay at best”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was to Mezzadro for dinner with a group of friends. the décor, in my opinion was somewhat on the tacky side, the service was excellent.. very friendly and helpful waitress! When the food came I nearly fell off my seat - I've never in my life seen a dish of pasta that large.. I easily could have shared it with 3 other people.. the food quality was OKAY at best, I found the pasta & sauce to be pretty basic. I would likely return if friends were going and I was invited.. but I wouldn't go out of my way to go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank rcroz2
Cambridge, Canada
“Less than impressed”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Tried this on a recommendation. Service started out good, but slowly diminished although it was not overly busy as my waiter spent more time on his patio patrons than the area I was seated in. Food came quickly but was mediocre at best. I tried the Pollo saltimbocca which was a chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto, mozzarella and basil topped with a rosé cream sauce. The chicken was over-cooked and the "fresh" pasta that was an extra $3 was cooked far less than al dente and was not good at all. The salad was unfortunately the best part of the meal. I did finally have to flag down another waitress (who initially seated me and was very good actually) for a refill on my beverage as I did not see my waiter through the entire meal. It might have been a fluke and I came on a very off night but I don't think I will return to try it again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CanadianFlatlander
Canada
“Basic Italian”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a new restaurant in Saint John. It is from the owners of Alley Gria. The food is very good is you love basic Italian dishes. But if you come here thinking you will find hints of Alley Gria you will be very disappointed. I hope that they will broaden the menu in coming weeks to bring back the old Alley Gria followers.

• Visited June 2013