“Great Lunch Menu”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
New Brunswick
“Great Lunch Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

First time there was yesterday and I'll be back soon.The lunch money is priced very reasonably and lots of variety.The food was fresh and the service was excellent! I'm looking forward to trying the dinner menu items.

• Visited April 2014

York, United Kingdom
“Just ok...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The lunch menu is cheap but the food is just average. We had the bento sushi and chicken and it was just ok... The place is nice though.

Barcelona, Spain
“Fantastic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My expectations are modest when I go to restaurants in smaller cities, but Ta Ke definitely exceeded my expectations. Fish were fresh, and the rolls, which I left it up to the chef to choose, was full of flavor. Best sushi I had ina long time. Also, quick service and very reasonable prices. This place can set up shop in world class cities and will be better than most. Not sure when I'll be back in this part of the world, but I'll definitely swing by again.

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“local and fresh - very good sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Went there based on recommendation of hotel staff. started with one of their japanese beer, kirin ichiban and paired that with tempura appetizer, which was proper tempura with fluffy and crispy characteristics.
I also ordered a main of sashimi moriwase and side order of nigiri of salmon, maguro tuna, hamachi, and ikura. fish were fresh, I was told by the waiter that the salmon was from a local sea farm, 20 minutes away, and I concur, it was noticeably fresh-er than what I'm used to out west.
presentation was top notch, fish were cut expertly, and I even got some complimentary saba tataki(torched) nigiri, which was amazing with a twist of lemon.

very good overall.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Antonio M
Falmouth, NS
“Some of the Best Sushi ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went there for supper tonight and was very impressed. Had a complimentary soup as well as potatoes for appetizer. The sushi was sooooo good and some of the best I have had in Canada. The service was also great. I will definitely be back next time I am in saint John.

• Visited September 2013