“local and fresh - very good sushi”
Review of Ta-Ke Sushi

Ta-Ke Sushi
Ranked #27 of 237 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“local and fresh - very good sushi”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Went there based on recommendation of hotel staff. started with one of their japanese beer, kirin ichiban and paired that with tempura appetizer, which was proper tempura with fluffy and crispy characteristics.
I also ordered a main of sashimi moriwase and side order of nigiri of salmon, maguro tuna, hamachi, and ikura. fish were fresh, I was told by the waiter that the salmon was from a local sea farm, 20 minutes away, and I concur, it was noticeably fresh-er than what I'm used to out west.
presentation was top notch, fish were cut expertly, and I even got some complimentary saba tataki(torched) nigiri, which was amazing with a twist of lemon.

very good overall.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Antonio M

Falmouth, NS
“Some of the Best Sushi ever.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Went there for supper tonight and was very impressed. Had a complimentary soup as well as potatoes for appetizer. The sushi was sooooo good and some of the best I have had in Canada. The service was also great. I will definitely be back next time I am in saint John.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank abdcfish
“Very good.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We came with our RV after 3 weeks of traveling and enjoyed it very much. We got lots of sushi dishes, appetizers and OTH dishes.

Saint John, Canada
“Excellent meal !”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went there with a friend for lunch, we both ordered the Bento Box on the lunch menu. The sushi was excellent and very fresh. The presentation was beautiful. We were treated to free appetizers, the price was very reasonable.

Saint John, NB
“Unbelievable value and service!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We walked out feeling as if we robbed the place.

This is one of the very few times I have ever given something a 4/5 for food and given a 5/5 overall. Don't get me wrong, the food is very very good, but I have had better sushi.

I went twice in August (once alone, once with my wife), and both times I was served a veriety of substantial tasty extra dishes all at no extra cost. The first visit I had an interesting sugary soy potatoe dish, an complementary large maki, miso soup, a large fresh press of great (not Sobeys) tea, and three pieces of cantalope all at no extra cost to my $7 lunch. The second time was similar, except with about 6 steamed muscles, a delicious seasame seed noodle dish, miso soup for each of us, and great tea all complementary to our one plate sushi rolls to be split between us.

All of this was served to us by an all-smiles staff who were very attentive to anything we needed. The service is very fast.

While it does lack in class, having a slightly fast take-out feel to it, it makes up for in insanely impressive value, variety, and service; as well as great food.

2 Thank light_knight22