“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Taste Of Egypt

Taste Of Egypt
Ranked #13 of 237 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Canadian, Mediterranean, Indian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Taste Of Egypt is a family dining specialized in Mediterranean cuisine. We also have some North American, Thai and fusion Indian options on the menu. The name 'Taste Of Egypt' does not only refer to the flavor of the food but also the decor, music and the complete cultural experience. We take pride in serving our customers fresh and local food everyday. Our food is all made from scratch using fresh local products. From our hummus, burgers, stir fry's, kebabs and our fabulous garlic sauce, Chef Ehab serves only the best to our guests. We have a fabulous menu that has something for everyone. Recently, we have launched our new catering menu which is great for events big or small and is geared towards private gatherings, business meetings, weddings or parties. You can enjoy our cuisine if you want to dine-in, take-out, order delivery or order catering.
Hampton, New Brunswick
“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife, two children and I had lunch here today. Service was excellent and very friendly. Hummus app,was great and we all enjoyed it very much. The difference between it and store bought hummus is huge. Our mains were also very nice and if anything a bit large! My son (10) was so sure about the traditional items so he had a hamburger and fries. Charbroiled with a nice fresh bun. Really nice considering this would not be a typical item I don't think. The rest of us greatly enjoyed our Egyptian meals and all were very flavourful. The meat eas a bit dry but maybe because we arrived after 1?? Any really nice experience and we will go back for sure.

1 Thank Shayne B
Ehab B, Owner at Taste Of Egypt, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We enjoyed having you and your family in. Our menu has been well thought out and that is why we have added some kids items geared towards Canadian familiar cuisine. Although we make burgers for the children and adults, it is made from our beef kofta marinade. This marinade has a little more flavourful spices than what you may find in traditional "American" burgers. It also allows us to stay Authentic, which is very important to us. We appreciate you letting us know that you found your meal a bit dry. The chef went back to his recipe and found ways to keep the meat more juicy while maintaining all of its great flavours. We started getting comments about the flavours and tender meat. Thank you. It is comments like these that help us make Taste Of Egypt even better.

Saint John, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Have gone twice and will definitely go back again. Love the atmosphere, service, and food is amazing, the taste is not overpowering, and the desserts are a must have !!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank ShirleyW1969
Ehab B, Owner at Taste Of Egypt, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed everything. Middle Eastern cuisine has a lot of great flavours that leave our customers satisfied. We look forward to your return. As you hear in Egypt "Asalam Alikum", which is a greeting that translates to 'Peace be with you'.
Saint John, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for any meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I overlooked Taste of Eygpt for too long; the food is amazing whether for lunch, supper, or a late night treat. The service is best in the city and the atmosphere is top notch. Always a pleausre visiting and in addition to great food I highly recommend getting a hookah as an alcohol free way to spend an evening on the town!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank harryhood_ca
Ehab B, Owner at Taste Of Egypt, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your fabulous review! I would first like to say that there are many people in the area that are just as hesitant as you. Once you try it, you will love it! We are striving to exhibit the beautiful ambiance that you feel in Arabian countries like Egypt. Glad that you enjoyed the herbal shisha. You are welcome back anytime.
Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
“A great authentic restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband finally convinced me to try ToE last week after many months of pestering. I wish I'd given in a long time ago. The food is absolutely amazing. I had the shawarma chicken on hummus with pita bread and salad. Although I am not typically a huge hummus fan, I loved it so much I bought an individual order to go to have at home for lunch the next day! The chicken was great, especially dipped in their garlic sauce. My salad was fresh and delicious as well.
The service was spectacular! Our waitress was very friendly and helpful since we had never eaten there before and had no idea what a few of the menu items were. I got to meet the chef after and he was very nice and quite humble when complimented.

My husband and I cannot wait to go back.

2 Thank Carrie M
Ehab B, Owner at Taste Of Egypt, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We can't wait to serve you again. It is easy to give good service and strive to do well all of the time, when you get great people in. I remember you being in and knowing how much you like trying different restaurants, feel that much nicer when reading this review. As small business owners, we strive to make the business great. Hearing your kind words, reinforces that hard work does pay off. Thanks once again!
London
“Where is Everyone?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had our first experience here Friday evening and loved it! If you like ethnic food at all this is a must try!!! Food was very good and the presentation was great! Had the tour of Egypt app which was great and then on to the main that had 3 different kinds of meat! Very good.
There were 4 of us there and we all loved it! Finished with the best rice pudding desert I have ever had!
My one question, WHERE WAS EVERYONE??? We were the only people in the entire Restaurant on a Friday evening at 7pm. Come on Saint John, give this place a try. You won't be disappointed?

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank GKimb
Ehab B, Owner at Taste Of Egypt, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We appreciate your review and know how much that you enjoyed it when you came back (a few tomes) The mix of appetizer that you have was a great suggestion made by our server, Sami and was the Vegetarian plate. The dish with the three different meats is called 'The Wonder Of The World' and includes shish Tawouk, tandoori chicken and beef kofta. We are glad that you enjoyed the rice pudding so much. It was actually busier earlier on in the evening and business has picked up a lot especially from Tripadvisor. We appreciate your business and comments.