“An "ok" experience”

and up
Fundy Coast to Fundy Shore Tour
Ranked #9 of 51 things to do in Saint John
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I hate to admit it, but I wasn't all that impressed. At least it was free! Basically it was water swirling back and forth in reverse order. We were fortunate because when we were there the sun was shining. I would have hated to stand out there in the rain just to see water swirls round and round.....in reverse order!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,220)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"rapids"
in 210 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I think it was just unfortunate that when we visited it was way too foggy to see the full action of the reversing falls. However I have to admit that if it was a clear day it would have been worth seeing. The gift shop and information center is really good and the staff were very friendly. They explained the whole phenomena of the reversing falls. If we were back again we would definitely try to see the full effect!

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This place is very over rated. Fun to do for about 5 minutes... then its time to go! Lots of parking... would not go here again... for me it was the title that what made me want to explore, and the falls are at most a little rapid, nothing to write home about.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

There are 2 decent restaurants overlooking the falls (Reversing Falls Restaurant and Boaz) and it is nice to sit there and idly watch the water swirl around. Calling it a 'fall' is a bit misleading, as it is just the way the water swirls in alternate ways below. We went out of our way to see it, and had one of those "oh", moments, followed by "oh, a restaurant!" moments.

2  Thank Ellisario
See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The reviews that mention this attraction is hard to find made me laugh, since this is clearly marked on NB 100 and there is a HUGE sign out front. Just make sure if you use your GPS you go to 200 Bridge Road instead of 200 Bridge Street, as Bridge Street will bring you to a small park and a view of the river, but not the falls/rapids.

My husband and I stayed in Saint John and went to the Reversing Falls/Reversing Rapids multiple times to catch it a various tide levels. It was worth multiple trips! It's amazing to see the change from low tide, slack tide, and high tide. There are numerous viewing areas, one down wooden stairs to a viewing area (I was short of breath on my way up, I'm definitely out of shape!), and one on top of the information center/Falls Restaurant. Parking was plentiful. Plus, there are two restaurants nearby (one is Boaz, a Japanese Restaurant).

At low tide you can see the St. John River going through the gorge and emptying into the the St. John's Harbor and into the Bay of Fundy. At points it looked like there were whirlpools everywhere and the water was churning. Once the tides rose and the tides were higher than the water level of the St. John River, you can actually see the tides reverse the flow of the river, creating what looks like huge waves.

This was amazing to see!!!!

4  Thank HappilyHitched