“Great Food”

Ranked #2 of 247 Restaurants in Saint John
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Recently ate here twice and both times the food was excellent. The healthy heart menu was very nice. Only issue was the length of time it took to get our food. The burgers were the best we had eaten and the French onion soup was delicious.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have gone to Britts on several occasions, with both family and friends. The atmosphere has always been friendly and welcoming. I have always wanted a place in the city that reminded me of a neighbour hood pub and Britts is the closest I have come to.
The menu is varied from great burgers and sandwiches to yummy ribs and chicken dishes. The drink menu is fun. One of my favourites was a Spiced Eggnog.
Britts can get busy at times so reservations can be a good idea, especially if you are with a group. Location is very central, close to uptown stores and bars. Hope you enjoy!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

A group of 7 went to Britts to celebrate my birthday. The wait staff was very welcoming and accommodating, and armed with a good sense of humour.
Britts was recommended to us by relatives who live in the Saint John area. We were just visiting, spending part of the holidays in N.B.
The food was excellent. I was especially happy with my New England Clam Chowder. Everybody commented on how their food was piping hot when it reached our table, which is always a hit with me.
My wife said her fish cakes were very good. The group dusted off the appetizer platter we all shared. There's a very good selection of beers.
This was a family get-together with four middle-aged adults, 2 seniors and one university student.
In short, Britts rates up there with the best gastropubs I've been to in the Maritimes. I'd recommend Britts as a place for friends/family to meet up and drink and have a very satisfying bite to eat.
We'd like to return the next time we're in Saint John.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This restaurant/pub has a contemporary, relaxed feel. The food was good (fish cakes) to excellent (soup, salad) and the service was very friendly, although strained when busy on a Saturday night.

Great that it's open on Sunday - little else is!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We discovered Britts Pub & Eatery last year during the Chop Chop Festival. We have been back multiple times since than and enjoyed it each time. We went to Britts during this years Chop Chop again and their lasagna which was amazing.