“Very good buffet, excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Maple Leaf Queen's Buffet
Ranked #119 of 236 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Very good buffet, excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stopped here because it was close to the hotel. My wife and I felt like chinese food and a buffet was the perfect answer. We we promptly seated, and when the table was found to be lacking a place setting, the hostess and waitress set out to change everything including the tablecloth. The hostess told us to go right to the buffet and by the time we got back everything was all set.

The food was what one expects from a good chinese buffet and both my wife and I enjoyed our selections. (the ginger beef and skewered shrimp get two thumbs up from both of us). The dessert selection was fine, although it would have been helpful it the cakes and the like had a label, like the other buffet choices. A nice selection of ice cream (again labels would have been nice).

Our waitress was a gem. (did not catch her name). She was attentive and gave a great suggestion for my beer of the evening. A nice experience after a day of travel.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank George S

Saint John, Canada
“Satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

One of the biggest buffets around. Great selection of Chinese and Japanese food. Plus lots of barbecued foods. They also grill you your steak as you watch. Excellent in taste. Best fish I've ever tasted, fried but not greasy. Something for everyone even those on diets. Beware of the great selection of desserts though. You cannot beat the price either. Could not find anything to complain about.

• Visited May 2013
Saint John, Canada
“A Quiet relaxing night or day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The restrauant has everything you would want to eat and the food is excellantly done. Staff is friendly and the managers/owners make you feel welcome. I watched the owners several times and they work along side of their staff. Always a pleasant trip there...Prices are not that bad for the food we can obtain.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank louise t
Canada
“Had my birthday dinner here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I really like the selection at this buffet. Even though I don't eat meat there are plenty of options. Well, I eat fish and seafood - but one person in our party doesn't eat seafood or meat and he still found a good choice of dishes. I loved their shrimp dumplings, really delicate taste. Also there were thin noodles and veggie rice and fried veggies - and I had battered fish (good batter, not greasy). Oh and they have great whole mushrooms - and a great dessert bar, although I didn't go to it this time. And lots, lots more food besides.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Polygona
Truro, NS
“Be Hungary”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

First Asian Buffet we have been to that grilled you a steak as you watch and also fresh cooked BBQ spare ribs. A very large selection of dishes on the buffet tables and all for under $20 a head

Visited February 2013