“Unique brews lead the way”

Big Tide Brewing Co.
Ranked #19 of 249 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Big Tide Brewing, located at 47 Princess St in Saint John NB. Hand crafted beer of all styles brewed on-site, and a full service restaurant.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The blueberry ale was served well-chilled in a 20 ounce glass and was the best part of my meal. For food, we shared a plate of nachos. The blueberry ale was just like a lava lamp, with fresh blueberries riding the bubbles up and down in the glass; and the taste was subtle, not overpoweringly fruity. The nachos were OK but nothing special. The service was prompt and attentive even though the servers were coping with a 20+ person group in the same room at the same time. Sitting by the huge open windows at street level, we felt like we were outdoors, and even moreso when it started to rain heavily.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

My favorite place in the whole city. Relaxed atmosphere,very clean, great service, good food and awesome /well priced food! Worth a visit or two!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We enjoyed the tasty brews here. You can buy growlers to take home. There are some unique ales and porters. Beautiful labels to their beers. Food was pub fare.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I stopped there recently while on a cruise. We shared a flight of beers and opted with the Heivervisen. All were very good. Note that they frequently change the brew flavors.

The food sadly, was not so good. I had a hamburger that came out like a hockey puck- I just caught the irony of that. My wife tried the curried chicken sandwich an was also disappointed.

Therefore, we recommend that you go for the beer and eat elswhere.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Next time you are in Saint John, New Brunswick, head on over to Big Tide. Big Tide Brewing Co. brews their own beers on premises. Their friendly bar staff will let you try a sample prior to purchasing a pint or a growler. Worth a visit!