“Not what i expected.”

Moncton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what i expected.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

i am from moncton and i been hearing lots of great things about this place..i finally got the chance to go there recently with 6 friends..walking in i already felt the atmosphere was excellent..services was pretty good..but once we orderd the food..it was a totally different story..first, we waited about 35 mins for our food..and when the food came..2 of them were wrong orders and one of them were absoulately cold and tasteless. we were offered drinks on the house..but our drinks took another 25 mins to come..also the price for this place is over charged..it was very such a disappointment..i will never come back again.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joel P

Atlantic Canada
“This restaurant has thought of it all”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I had a very romantic, late dinner here last Friday night. The music was lovely and relaxing, the dim lighting very romantic, and food was absolutely amazing! This was our second visit to this restaurant this year and I felt I needed to write a review. Their drunken noodles with chicken are to DIE FOR! Wine list is very reasonably priced. ($26-28 for a few ) We shared a large coconut soup that was unbelievably good and also had a dish of Penang Chicken Curry and a dish of drunken noodles. ALOT of food. They bring you a dish of rice each to mix it all up and we were stuffed! We had enough left overs for lunch the next day. Very reasonably priced. We shared a huge soup, had 2 large dishes to share and a bottle of wine for $ 95 including tax and a $ 10 tip, plus as I mentioned, enough left overs for lunch the next day. It was even good/delicious cold! Can't recommend this place enough if you love Thai food and want a very romantic, lovely evening! Way to go Splash! We are coming back this Friday night or Saturday night again for our third visit and we live 110 km's away!

• Visited September 2013
New Brunswick, Canada
“Excellent Thai Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I were very pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. After another experience at a well known Thai restaurant here in Saint John didn't go well, I am very pleased to recommend this place. Their drunken noodles were amazing. I can't remember what else we had as my wife is the Thai expert and she ordered. If she loved it.... it's really good! We will be going back next time we are in Saint John! Also, the atmosphere was very cozy, dimly lit, romantic at our back corner table. Server was great and not over bearing. It was for our anniversary so we enjoyed the quiet time. Excellent place!

• Visited July 2013
Saint John, Canada
“Ignorance”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have been to splash many times and all I have to say is excellent food and service. They are busy almost every time we're there and the servers are always very pleasant, attentive and very quick with their service. It shocks me when rude, ignorant people who expect the impossible come on here and write awful reviews about these individuals. Maybe if your so hard to please you should just stay at home and cook for yourself. Unbelievable!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Lisa D
Halifax, Canada
“Disappointing service”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Splash Thai came highly recommended by my coworkers. I am working in Saint John for two weeks and was hoping to find some great food while I'm here. The food was good. The service was not. I arrived just before 7pm intending to get takeout for supper. I asked for a takeout menu and was told I could find it online (????? I was right there!!) and that they didn't do takeout after 6pm. I then decided to dine in. I was seated right away and immediately placed my order. The food was extremely,you slow I arriving and when I did get it (45 minutes later) I asked for chili sauce to ice it up. My server said she would go get me some. 20 minutes later I was done eating and still had no chili sauce. When I finally get her attention I requested a to-go container and my bill she told me that the kitchen was really busy and that's where they keep the spices and they don't like to be bothered. Excuse me? I like to think I'm tolerable of a lot when I eat out, but I found this totally unacceptable. If they didn't have it, she should have come back to tell me long before bill time. And the fact that she told me the kitchen "didn't like to be bothered" shocked me! This was a fairly nice restaurant, not a hole in the wall takeout joint. I really expected so much more. At the end of my meal I also saw someone come in and pick up a takeout order...

• Visited August 2013