“An Amazing Escape”
Review of Hilton Saint John

Hilton Saint John
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Saint John
Reviewed June 15, 2010

The Hilton in Saint John, is my ideal hotel. If I could take this exact hotel and staff and put it where ever I am traveling too next I would.
From friendly helpful staff, to clean and spacious rooms to amazing food.
The hotel is located downtown, on the harbour. It has amazing views and an under ground tunnel to the Market Square.(which takes you thru a downtown ped-way system)
The hotel is great for any one from a single traveler to families.
I highly recommend this hotel for value, classy rooms and amazing staff and food.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

996 - 1,002 of 1,072 reviews

Reviewed May 1, 2010

We were upgraded to a water view, recently renovated room, which was nice enough. Everything was clean and though not completely new and modern, definitely one of the better hotels in the city. We had our large dog with us, and being a pet friendly hotel, that was definitely a plus.

Being Hilton Gold members got us free use of wireless internet, and continental breakfast, which is always a good deal. We self parked, in the underground lot for $18, which was fairly convenient.

The room was definitely not sound proof, and lucky for us one of our near neighbors, had brought their guitar, and was clearly just learning to play. We didn’t complain, it wasn’t that bad, I can sleep through almost anything.

It is probably one of the best hotels in Saint John, and for $100 a night the price was also right.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2010

On what is probably my 8-9th stay in this hotel I was greeted, as always, as though I'd never stayed here before. For the 4th time in a row I was put in one of their old unrenovated rooms, on the former smoking floors, although I requested a non smoking room. These rooms have not been updated in probably 15-20 years. The smelly carpet has round ring burns or stains in several places. The television is not fully functional.

When in the shower, I pulled down a towel to use, and a dead bug fell out of it. I advised the front desk, and they told me they would speak with the head laundress. No attempt to make a meaningful gesture of consideration was made, and the apology I did receive was anything but sincere or meaningful.

The Delta is not much better, I have seen a mouse in my room there previously. If you are travelling to Saint John, try the Hampton, just built a year ago or the brand new Chateau SAint John -- they are a few minutes from downtown, but clean and better managed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank suziewan
Reviewed December 8, 2009

I have seen some reviews of this hotel that were less than complimentary. However, our experience has been simply one of the best. Super clean room, super staff, wonderful location in downtown Saint John. We walked everywhere inside in the cold days, library, aquatic centre, markets, shops, restaurants, and more. Then outside on the boardwalk. Canadian cities need more of Saint John, and the service of the Saint John Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Unlike some reviewers who stayed in unrenovated rooms, we enjoyed a large fresh and stylish room on the third floor facing the harbor. We were delighted with every detail and especially surprised to find the food absolutely delicious in the Brigatine Bar. They served the best mussels I have EVER had--prepared in a light cream broth with fennel. The dish was delicate and flavorful, simply perfect.
The location can't be beaten: right on the harbor and the edge of the historic area of town. I'd love to go back anytime.

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank mybagsrpackd
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Saint John in a rennovated room. We were waterfront and found the staff helpful. Buffet breakfast was very good and the room was cleaned very well daily. This hotel is in a great location and within walking distance of downtown including shopping and dinning choices.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We rented 2 rooms. My room was a harbor view and was excellent. My brother had a downtown-facing room. There are outside bars along the wharf and have bands playing. He had to have his room moved twice so that he could sleep. They play until midnight. This is a summer thing, so beware and spend the extra few dollars to get a harbor view room.
Also, I didn't have to pay the parking fee, as I had a carrier on my SUV roof racks and it wouldn't fit in the garage. I was allowed to park adjacent to the hotel and not incur a parking charge...Very beautiful hotel and location. Pool was just basic though.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family