“Great location”

Hilton Saint John
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Saint John
“Great location”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Connected to all of the underground/inside pathway systems - perfect during a rain storm! This Hilton lives up to the Hilton brand and goes above and beyond with cookies and bottled water for HHonors members with their turn down service. Yum!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dermot_Collins, Director of Sales at Hilton Saint John, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Ontario74
Thank you for your very positive comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel location and the benefits you received from being a Hhonors member. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon! Kind regards..Dermot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our brief stay at Hilton St John. The best part of which was the location. Right on the waterfront and we were lucky to be given a room with a view. Too bad it was foggy most of the time!! Staff nice enough but not great. Brekky was odd. You can have some of this here but not from here. ??? . Parking was ridiculous too when about 100m away a municipal car park is way cheaper. Great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2012
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2013

- absolutely friendly staff from all the Hilton staff
- helpful when needed and willing to go out their way to let you know you're# 1
- not the first time I stayed w/ this Hilton & always a few years in between w/ every stay being a very pleasant experience
- restaurant experience is excellent from breakfast to dining w/ reasonable costs (actually very reasonable)

This Hilton Hotel has never disappointed!! Always a pleasant friendly & safe atmosphere!!

Room Tip: -harbour view -beautiful view - from the 6th floor upwards -6th floor upwards was very quiet / re...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dermot_Collins, Director of Sales at Hilton Saint John, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
djesvw, Thank you for your very favourable review. We would aso like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel whenever you come to Saint John. We are pleased you were able to get your room of choice overlooking the water and that you enjoyed our new York Bistro. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kindest regards..Dermot
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed here last summer on business for 5 days. First off I must mention that the room size is larger than normal, which was great for me as I had a lot of equipment with me. The hotel staff were nice and met my every need. The location is fantastic, I love how so much of downtown is connected with those walkways, which is especially convenient on those rainy days. I was given a room overlooking the waterfront, which was quite lovely.
The only thing I disliked was the breakfast selection. If I remember correctly it was delicious but extremely overpriced.
Also while I was there, there was a large amount of construction going on so getting to and from the main highway was time consuming.
Overall would stay here again if I'm ever back in Saint John.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dermot_Collins, Director of Sales at Hilton Saint John, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Netless
Thank you for your very positive review. We are pleased that you had a very enjoyable stay with us. The large size of the rooms and the location on the waterfront are remarked on by many of our guests, especially those who are staying for a few nights and need space to work and relax in comfort. The full breakfast buffet is priced at $17.25 and includes such specialty items as smoked salmon, fresh berries, cheeses, as well as the staple protein and starch items. A continental buffet is also offered as is an A La Carte menu. Thankfully the construction on Union Street is now completed so all access streets to the hotel are open once again. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future. Kind regards..Dermot
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nice Hotel. Our 3rd time staying here and will stay at the Hilton again. Clean good size rooms. Staff was accomandating when we requested to be moved because off a party room next to us. The pool is not large though. Breakfast buffet was delicous. We bought the bed & breakfast package which was worth the value as the buffet is pricey.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hockey123Mom
Thank you for your review and for your continued loyalty to our hotel! We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. The bed and breakfast package is certainly a great option when travelling with children. We look forward to welcoming you again during your next hockey weekend in Saint John! Kind regards..Dermot
Rochester NY
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the Hilton Saint John and had exceeded expectations. This hotel is right at Hilton standards with their rooms, amenities and service. I was greeted very well coming in around 9pm. The hotel does a free currency exchange which was Great! Being a gold member I was welcomed by an amazing plate of chocolate covered cookies in my room. The view was great over looking the harbor, I wish I came in the Summer to view the ships and activity (no other hotel this close to the boats).

The room seemed to have been renovated to today's modern standards and was very comfortable. Bathroom was very clean every morning and the maid was great putting my toilettes on a small towel nicely arranged. Shower was very strong and had a couple different settings.

The hotel is connected to the St John Square which really was great! In the winter, you do not even need a coat to access a ton of shopping and selection of restaurants however many stores are closed during this season. I was able to get to the Square around 7pm and nothing was open besides the few restaurants (I enjoyed the Ale House every night since I did not want to go in the cold).

Back to the hotel; The hotel does have a restaurant which was not open (must not be during winter due to lack of people) but the bar was always open and had decent food. Staff was nice but service could have been a bit better.

Only one small negative that did not affect me too much since I was a late sleeper but this hotel is in need of some new doors. There was no sound barrier between the room and hallway/elevator (could here people's showers going and casual talking within their rooms from the hallway). The doors seemed aged, had no resistance and slammed behind you for everyone to here.

Overall, I would only consider this place for my next stay in Saint John

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fall River, Canada
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Only place to stay for business in Saint John. Delta is old and decrepit. Find the Hilton usually a lower corporate rate and is much nicer hotel. Is tied into the market square complex and close to all DT restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dermot_Collins, Director of Sales at Hilton Saint John, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
FlamesandHabs
Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and to the Hilton family. We are very peased to hear that you enjoy the location on the waterfront and within walking distance to market square and all its attractions. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again very soon! Kind regards..Dermot