“SO MUCH FUN!”

Saint John Adventures Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Reversing Falls Zip Line Tour. Saint John Adventures Inc. is pleased to offer Saint John’s only Zip Line Tour at Fallsview Park, right beside the World Famous Reversing Rapids. We offer amazing views of the Falls from our six towers and thrills galore on our five zip lines. The last leg of our lines, a dual line so you can race with your buddy to the finish, zips over water rushing along side of the Falls and landing on False Island.Come and watch the Bay of Fundy and St. John River struggle for supremacy. The powerful tides push the river backwards twice a day and the rushing St. John River gives back all it’s got twice a day.Seals, seagulls, cormorants and much more call this area home. Some very large striped bass are caught off the point and kayakers welcome the rushing white water.
Toney, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“SO MUCH FUN!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a family business that really cares about delivering on the fun! The equipment was all in perfect order, so no need to be nervous, just zip! The hardest part was the walk up the steps to the first line. There are 5 lines, that increase in distance as you go. The last one is the one that goes over a part of the reversing falls river. There are 2 lines over that section, so that normally 2 people can "race" to the finish. But when we were there, it was so windy, they weren't able to let more than 1 person go at a time. That was fine with us, the trip was the most fun we'd had in a long time! The only thing that could've been better (and we suggested it to them) is that they rig up a camera to take a photo (that they could sell us) at some point. They're working out the logistics of it, not available now. There are just a very few video helmets, but all were gone when our group went through. And if you want to bring your own camera (if there is more than one in your group), make it one with a strap!! They will not allow you to bring it unless it can be attached to your harness! As they said, they've got more than enough iphones in the river already, LOL. I highly highly recommend!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank foreversasfarasillgo

Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lack of escape route should the need arise.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I took our two young adults and their two friends to St. John, New Brunswick, as part of our vacation (we are from Pennsylvania). We reserved our spot the day before so the prediction for weather was quite clear to the staff/owners. Weather called from isolated rain/storms in the area. We arrived on time, and were placed with another group of 5 people -- 9 in all (my husband and I did not participate). Quite honestly, to have 9 people in the group is a lot. There is a significant amount of time just standing around waiting for the next person to zip line across. Boring when it's not your turn.

There was never a question about their safety during the first 2 of the 5 zip lines, as the staff methodically proceeded with each participant, carefully assuring their safety. However, when the storm started to rear its ugly head, the staff stepped up the pace when they approached the 3rd line. Safety was still a concern, but the staff moved quicker.

By the time the group got to the last of the 5 zip lines, the wind kicked up, the storm was directly over head and lightening was all around us. Ironically, the sky was clear directly behind us. The first group got across just fine....but as our group was starting across, the storm got worse. Hail, harsh heavy rain, lightening, wind! As two of my four were coming across, the wind started to hold them back, and they slowed to a stop -- while still over the water! The staff threw a line across the zip line for them to catch -- one of my girls was able to grab it right away, but the second time it happened, my daughter dangled there, reaching and struggling in the wind and rain to grab it. By the time my last girl came across, the hail was hitting hard, winds, and rain were soaking us completely. Yes, they all made it across, but the fear was immense. We then had to run up the side of this hill back to the check in point -- and keep in mind that my children were weighted down with the harnesses and clips.

The staff, at all times, were very concerned about the safety of all participants. They worked swiftly and efficiently. However, and here's the BIG issue: with the exception of the first and the last of all the towers associated with the event, there was no ability to come down from the towers, except to zip line to the next tower. No stairs, steps, ladder available. To watch my children zip line across that body of water in the wind, rain, hail, lightening was the most frightening experience I have ever ever encountered!

My advice: check the weather! And steer clear of this adventure at this location should any rain/storms be present.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank WendaPA
ZipPatrol, Owner at Saint John Adventures Zipline, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments.

Safety is always our first concern at my zip line course. The storm came upon us quite rapidly, as you know. We followed our safety protocol for our course should such a situation like this arise. Unfortunately the weather channels we were consulting indicated the storm would be late afternoon and not at the time we were using the course. We do have a couple of avenues to get people off the course in an emergency. One being to zip the course in a controlled and quick manner, which we did. The second being to lower people from our towers should a medical emergency arise. When it became apparent that the storm was approaching faster and, due to the progress we already made through the course, the best and safest route to get our guest off the towers was to zip the course. We requested people move out of our way at the bottom tower to allow us to work, some people were a little slower to respond and had to be ask a second and time to move. When our guest reached the final tower we quickly let them get down and removed their pulleys for additional safety.

This is never a situation anyone wants to be in but it was the situation we were in and we dealt with it in a very professional and experienced manner. Our guest are always and will always be our primary concern.

Just as an added note, the guides for that day were my son-in-Law, my nephew and myself, I was the one on the ground. My family was there every step of the way with you.

Thanks, Terry.
Essex, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First Time Zippers!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Very friendly staff...as a first timer felt very safe. Small group so not a long wait time. Fun experience....would do it again
!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Sheryl j
Sykesville, Maryland
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Zip lining”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I booked this excursion for my 2 teen aged boys who have never been zip lining before (and the younger one was not thrilled with heights). It is a short bus ride (10 min) and the total for the group was 12 (my group was 6 of those 12) the staff was great in getting everyone fitted in gear and ready. the first part is you have to climb this VERY tall structure to get to the top. there were 6 zip lines and the last one was the longest and over the water. It was a lot of fun but dress warmly!!! it is a lot colder on top of the stands. the only part I didn't like was that you had to wait for the entire group to finish one line before you started the next. It got a little boring and cold. They should think of a way to keep everyone moving. someone in our party got the helmet camera. $20 and you get to keep the card. we had no idea how it would turn out but when we got back to the ship we plugged it into a laptop and the videos were fantastic!! sharp and clear! we also didn't get to race on the last zip line because it was too windy

Visited June 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worst ZipLine tour ever”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've ziplined in Labadee, Kawaii and Selvatica (Cancun) and had much much more fun at all of those places. This was advertised as Reversing Tide Zipline tour. There was nothing reversing about it. There were only 5 ziplines, 3 really short ones and the last two were about twice as long. We were in a ridiculously large group of about 18 people so all we did was stand on the platform for forever and wait while everyone else goes, then get to zip for about 8 - 10 seconds and then wait some more. The view wasn't anything like on the postcard, it's dominated by a huge ugly smoke bellowing refinery directly across the water. If the group was smaller, it would have been much more fun, but still only 5 little ziplines and it touk us over 2 hours to get through. The staff was very friendly and safety consious - at no time was anyone in any danger. They offer to rent GoPro camera equipped helmets for $20 and you can keep the small SD card, but they workers in our group didn't know how to turn them on and off so the card missed the ziplines and ran out of space recording a video of us waiting on the platform.

Visited June 2013