“Fabulous educational fun”

Saint John Adventures Zipline
More attraction details
Owner description: Reversing Falls Zip Line Tour. Saint John Adventures Inc. is pleased to offer Saint John’s only Zip Line Tour at Fallsview Park, right beside the World Famous Reversing Rapids. We offer amazing views of the Falls from our six towers and thrills galore on our five zip lines. The last leg of our lines, a dual line so you can race with your buddy to the finish, zips over water rushing along side of the Falls and landing on False Island.Come and watch the Bay of Fundy and St. John River struggle for supremacy. The powerful tides push the river backwards twice a day and the rushing St. John River gives back all it’s got twice a day.Seals, seagulls, cormorants and much more call this area home. Some very large striped bass are caught off the point and kayakers welcome the rushing white water.
Saint John, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous educational fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Knowledgeable, friendly guides who accompany you throughout the adventure. About an hour to an hour and a half with historical and geographical talks at each landing. Guides secure each guest on the zip line every time.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank betty p

Atlanta, Georgia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What a Ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Why this zip line- My wife knows I'm a little scared of heights due to an inner ear issue, so of course she found this 50-feet-above-the-ground-hanging-over-a-whitewater-river zip line for us to try while on a work-vacation in Saint John.

Staff- Unbelievably professional. We always had two staffers available to assist and make sure we were comfortable and safe at all times. All these kids are college students, and very eager to please and to explain everything that we were doing. Patrick was my guide. A terrific local college student. Very friendly, extremely helpful.

Location- Sooo cool. The zip line is a couple of miles from downtown Saint John, and goes over a part of the Saint John River. At this point, the river looks like a Class Four whitewater, with humongous standing waves, boulders, the works. The staff gave excellent directions, it was quite easy to find.

Experience: Wow. The zip line goes between five or six towers, each about 10-15 meters above the ground. The views from all but the first tower is great (I was so petrified a the first tower, I was only paying attention to (1) Getting myself properly clipped in to my safety equipment; (2) Trying to remember if I had a space pair of undershorts in the car....

By the time I got to the third tower, I didn't want to stop the ride. The staff made me so comfortable and confident, I was actually happy NOT to climb down. The humidity was very high on the morning we rode the zip line, and I had to push off from the tower to build up enough speed to make it to the next tower on my own power. This meant I had to flip over on my back, push myself into a weightlifter's squat position, and shove off from the tower as hard as I could. Patrick, the staffer who was assisting me at this point, made this easy. It was a blast.

Value- This is a one-of-a-kind experience, with excellent staff and facilities. So, while it is certainly expensive for a trip that takes less than an hour, I'd have to say it is a good value.

4 Thank Woody2billionand1
Huntington, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“For a first timer, great introduction to zip lining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Having researched Costa Rican zip lines for a trip that ended prematurely at JFK last year, our expectations for Saint John weren't unreasonable. We just wanted a taste of zip lining and booked this through the Carnival Glory.

At Saint John Adventures, the owner's daughter was one of our guides and all of the staff was professional and courteous. We climbed a very tall staircase to get to the first platform, then everyone in the group of about 15 waited for each other to go down the first line one by one. For the last leg, from penultimate to ultimate platform, there were two lines side by side, so two could go at the same time.

Because of the warm 77 degree Fahrenheit day, clear skies and beautiful view of the Reversing River from the platforms, the long wait wasn't boring for me. If the temperature on the ground is any lower than that, I would strongly suggest a warm sweater or jacket on the windy platforms. We saw a harbor seal swim by in the rapids when the tide rose and there were vortices where the water was moving in two directions.

I would easily give this excursion 5 stars and be willing to visit again if there is an option to go twice (enjoy 10 lines) and there is less wait time on the platforms for rest of group to zip line. Staff was great and I'm glad we did it, but I wouldn't go again. The thrill wasn't long enough for the money involved.

2 Thank Sarahfaz
Dover, United Kingdom
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“Son enjoyed this”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

17 year old son loved this. There are 5 different zip lines of varying length. He was in a party of 7, so it took them about 45 mins to complete the course in total.

The last 2 zip lines are the longest, line 5 taking you across part of the river above the reversing falls rapids.

Zip lines were slower than he and I had thought they would be, but he still had great fun.

Expensive at $50 but he felt it was worth it.

1 Thank DesdinovaUK
ontario
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing...........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic set up, professional and friendly helpful staff. Both my daughters and my wife had a great time on the zip lines above the reversing falls, looking forward to reviewing the head cam shots from my daughters helmet cam. Dad was on picture duty down below, edges are not my thing. Five lines in total on a zig zag over the reversing falls and the hill side above. If the wind is blowing the right way you really fly.....

1 Thank been2seethat2