“Long wait for fast food”
Review of Jungle Jim's

Jungle Jim's
Ranked #113 of 249 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I heard this was a good place for kids, so we went. We ordered a grill cheese and a burger. We waited over half an hour for our food. Once we got the food, I wasn't impressed, we would have been better off going to a fast food restaurant, at least we wouldn't have to wait as long.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

One on the worst experiences I have ever had eating in a restaurant, the moment we walked in the door the environment was dark, had to wait for someone to come to the front of the wait to be seated for several minutes which I'm not sure why seeing how the place had one other table that was occupied.

We were finally seated and the table was not cleaned, the floor had food around it, window by our table had something on it don't really care to find out what it was. We ordered and appetizer before our meal which told us everything we needed to know about the rest of the food. greasy, under cooked, presentation terrible. Enough said, was not impressed, my wife and I experience another table conversing in profanity, when brought to the staffs attention did not seem to want to address the issue which is unfortunate. Will never be back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

each time I eat there I leave wondering how long my meal has been frozen prior to it being served to me.. I've always had great service, and the drinks are fun.. but the food is terrible in my opinion.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Heads up if you take your kids here. They enforce the up to 10 years only can order from the childs menu. I ended up paying $15.00 for chicken fingers and juice for my 11 year old kid.

Ouch, $15.00 for a kids meal , and the kid wasnt even allowed to get a toy from the treasure chest.

The funny thing is we go to the uptown Saint John location all the time and never had this problem.

This was the Rothesay location, wouldnt want the Saint John location to get painted with the same brush.

The pic on this site is the Rothesay location and the address listed is for the Saint John uptown spot.

Not really a great family value spot when the kids hit 11 years old.

Food Ok, there is better out there. Was only going for the kids to enjoy the toys, masks, color pages, food served on frisbees in the summer, smarty pants sundas, but they cant get any of that eating off the adult menu.

Maybe they should have it if one adult meal is ordered then one kids meal can be ordered no matter what the age.

Oh well

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Jungle Jim's has great cocktails and okay food. The decor is starting to age and the food does not look like most of it is cooked there. It is a typical chain restaurant that heats an assembles food. But when it comes to wings and beer, who cares has a large selection of sauces for the wings.