“Outstandingly Always Awesome”

Travelodge Suites Saint John
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Saint John
Reviewed August 28, 2014

My name is Julian Austin, I am a Canadian Country recording artist originally from Saint John NB. I have been staying at your hotel back when it was originally called the Country Inn & Suites years ago, back when Tammy Swan was the GM there. All the years I stayed with Tammy and the gang I was always treated like a rockstar and like family as was my wife.

Then the hotel changed names and then the new GM for awhile was Brenda Perrin who also treated myself and my wife again like rockstars and family just as Tammy did, again always feeling like we're at home when coming home.

Now on my last trip back home I had the delightful pleasure of meeting the Travelodge Suites newest and latest SUPASTAR/GM!!! Miss Shelley Henry and let me tell ya', what a sweetie and just a beautiful person. We can't wait to return home to stay at our favorite hotel in the whole world. I have known the amazing and awesome staff there for many years now, and you won't find a better place to stay or bunch of great people/staff, not to mention upon my arrival on this last trip my room was decorated with balloons, a birthday cake, a birthday card signed by all my family there at the Travelodge Suites, for my birthday!! who else does that for ya'??

If you want to stay at a hotel that knows how to look after you and makes you feel right at home when visiting Saint John, then get in touch with my family at the Travelodge Suites on Saint John's west side, you won't be disappointed. Shelley, Jennifer, Cherie, Richard, Betty, Debbie, Kristen, Inez, Melissa and the rest of the gang there simply 'ROCK BIG TIME"!!!!! Love you guys and thanx for always looking after us and for always treating us like family and your family. See ya's soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JFAustin
Shelley H, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

WOW!!! what an amazing review. It was an absolute pleasure to have you with us during your visit home. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the team and we are all so pleased to know how much at home you feel when you are with us, that is always our goal. We love our guests and are pleased to know that that shines through.
We are looking forward to your returning to be with us again. Good Luck in the studio with your new material, we are all excited to hear some new music from you. You are such an amazing talent.
Enjoy your fall season
We wish you all the best
Thanks so much

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and went above to make friends who arrived in Saint John without a reservation, a simple call to he front desk and they were able to have accomdations.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you so much for your comments and kind words. I agree our staff is amazing and always go above and beyond. We are so happy to hear both you and your friends enjoyed your time in Saint John. We hope you will return to us again soon.
Enjoy your fall season
Thanks again

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stopped here late at night after a long day of driving on our way to Nova Scotia. We didn't have a reservation and were not sure what to expect. We ended up delighted. We are a family of 4 and traveled with our large dog. The room was quite spacious and had 2 queen beds, plus a pull-out couch and plenty of floor space. The room was bright, clean, and recently updated. A light breakfast was available, it was mediocre but satisfactory and appropriate given the low rate we paid for the room. We just wanted a little something on our departure and the coffee, juice, bananas, and muffins we had, fit the bill. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall the room was excellent value and ideally fit our needs during our brief stop in Saint John. I would defintely recommend that anyone else with similar needs check-in here.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

This is awesome news. We are so happy to hear we delighted you. We love having you and your fur baby with us. So proud that our property is pet friendly and welcoming. We really appreciate your feedback and kind words. I will share your comments with the entire team.
Please come back and stay with us again soon. Have a wonderful fall season.
Thank you.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Highly recommended ... Very helpful staff, extremely comfy rooms and very well located. Open 24 hours and perfect for the weary traveller. Make sure you enjoy the complimentary breakfast. Don't bother saving money with independent motels. This is the place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words, the entire team is so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. That is always our goal. We appreciate your feedback and wanted to let you know how much we enjoy hearing from our valued guests. Have a fantastic fall season and come back and visit us again sometime soon.
Thank you.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We booked into this hotel as it's a great stop over and we were so pleased last year. We arrived late, checked in and it wasn't until later in the night that we realised our AC was broken. We had a stuffy night as the windows only open a small bit. When we went for breakfast, the coffee machine was broken! However, the staff were pleasant and tried their best to assist us. When I checked out of our room, I mentioned that the AC was broken, and as I hadn't any coffee, was in a bit of a grumpy mood. The girl at the desk apologised, but I didn't expect anything to come out of it. Imagine my surprise when we returned home after our trip to find a message from Sherri (a manager?) letting us know she was going to give us a rebate on the room as they like their guests to be happy. Service like that is what will keep us returning, even if it is only for one night a year.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Shelley H, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your response. We really appreciate your comments. When Cheri had advised me of your issues during your stay, we decided it was only fair to discount your rate. We love to make sure our guests leave happy and completely satisfied with their stay and our level of service. I will pass along your comments to her and the entire team. Thank you for letting us make this right for you. We look forward to your return.
Thanks again

Reviewed August 15, 2014

A privately owned Inn in Alma had messed up our reservation and were left without a room. The morning of our day without a room to go to that night, I went on Booking.com, found a room at Travelodge and hoped for the best after then having to change our travel plans for driving. The hotel was a welcome sight after driving through some heavy rain and were greeted by the wonderful Kate at the front desk. She quickly dealt with checking us in and listened to my story concerning the Inn. She surprised us with a room upgrade to a suite. I hope she realizes how wonderful this gesture was as I had spent the previous night sleepless and upset over finding a place to stay. The suite was everything anyone could ask for. Space for us to stretch out, move around and not feel cooped up on a rainy evening of staying in. This hotel has anything anyone could want and is super clean and appointed, excellent bed and A/C. When planning our NB vacation I had already booked 2 nights at this same Travelodge for a stay 2 nights later during our trip and we look forward to returning here knowing what a great hotel it is. If this hotel offers a reward program for it's employees Kate most definitely gets my vote. Thank you again.

Room Tip: We were on the street side and never heard a thing the whole night.