I stayed 3 nights in October during the Skate Canada competition. As I write this review a month later, I’m still amazed at all the extras I had at such a low price.
I really appreciated the free shuttle to and from the airport. I think it’s available for stays of 3 nights or more. It’s a 20 minute ride so cab fare would have been costly. A nice gentleman met me at the airport holding a sign with my name. You need to make arrangements to go back to the airport one day prior departure. I was the only one needing a ride both ways so I’m sure this service was pretty costly for the hotel but they seemed happy to oblige.
The breakfasts were really good. You get to choose from a menu with 11 choices including omelettes, eggs with homefries and choice of meats and pancakes. Much better than the usual included buffet style breakfasts. The dining room is quite large and we never had to wait for a table even though the hotel seemed at full capacity.
The room was humongous and clean. There’s a kitchenette area with a midsize fridge, a sink and a microwave. There’s a plastic bin full of ustensils, cups and plates which I thought was a nice touch. My king size bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows. They have adjoining rooms so keep this in mind if you’re travelling with familly.
The location is good even though the downtown area is on the other side of the highway. It’s about a 15 minute walk and the friendly front desk staff will be happy to point you in the right direction.
I don’t think you can find a better hotel in Saint John at this price point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historic port city of Saint John and all it has to offer while staying at the Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John, the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Ideally situated only a few kilometers from Fort Howe and downtown Saint John, our hotel is conveniently located off the Saint John Throughway and Main Street on Portland Street. Key local attractions include the New Brunswick Museum, Reversing Falls, and Carleton Martello Tower National Historic Park. Our knowledgeable and helpful staff can recommend what best suits your travel itinerary. Our property offers an array of modern amenities including an ATM, business area, multi-lingual staff, meeting facilities, newsstand in lobby, picnic table, and guest laundry facility. Pets are welcomed, restrictions and charges may apply. Start your work or sightseeing day in fine form with free full breakfast. After a day of sightseeing, guests can relax in our indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, or enjoy a meal or a drink at the Vegas Bar and Grill, our on-site eatery. Each of our 131 guest rooms feature home luxuries such as free Wi-Fi, microwave, mini-fridge, hairdryer, coffeemaker, 32 inch flat panel cable TV, iron, ironing board, desk with lamp, table with chairs, and clock radio. Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John is your best choice within Canada's "Original City". We offer ideal accommodations and location whether you are in town for entertainment, music and food festivals, sightseeing, wildlife activities or simply passing through on your way to Fredericton or Nova Scotia. At Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John our goal is to provide our guests a great experience, not just a place to stay. At Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions and Travelocity so you can book your Canadas Best Value Inn - Saint John reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza Hotel Saint John
- Fort Howe Saint John
- Canadas Best Value Inn - Saint John New Brunswick