“Excellent Value Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Saint John
Calais, Maine
“Excellent Value Hotel”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently checked into this hotel for 3 nights, as our daughter was in a dance competition for Dance Quest Productions. Our chek-in was prompt and we were off to our room. Our room was clean, and had 2 double beds,new flat screen tv,and was quite spacious. We decided to stay at this hotel because they offered FREE made to order breakfast and on Fri and Sat night they offered free pizza(which was delicious)and pop. This is a great offer especially for large groups or team travelling for tournaments, competitions etc.
The hotel also has nice pool and its is close to the downtown of Saint John.
It also offer free wifi which our daughter liked. :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Steven G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Excellent breakfast. Great rooms and beds. Staff were. Very friendly and check in time was quick. I was here on a stop over for business but I would return with my husband for future trips

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mallory S
Bathurst, Canada
Reviewed November 14, 2012

After a long day of traveling, I stopped in at the Howard Johnson, Saint John, NB and I was greeted with the warmest welcome. The two guys that were working the desk made me feel as though I was a regular and that they saw me everyday. They were very helpful and patient with all of my questions.
The next morning, I came down to the hotels restaurant and enjoyed the best breakfast I have had in all my days of travel. I couldn't believe that there were eleven choices for breakfast. My waitress was so helpful and I felt as if I were home with friends.
When I was checking out and I needed directions the guy at the front desk was very helpful and he explained it to me. Needless to say I got to my next destination without a hitch.
I will be going back to Saint John and I will be staying at the Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had a reservation for one night stay at Howard Johnson. We ended up staying 3 nights. My husband had an appointment at the Regional Hospital to start his new treatment. After the treatment we decided to stay at the hotel for a few extra days. I do not drive so the trip would be too much for my husband. The staff extended a hospital rate of $75 per night. This included a made to order breakfast each day. The hotel is convenient located and comfortable. The room had a kitchenette that was equipped with a small fridge, microwave, sink, and a small dining table. We will stay again for his next set of treatments.

Room Tip: Very nice size room and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lesliemichael
Dartmouth
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is great and accomodates anyone. We were there as a get-a-way for ourselves and stayed 2 nights in July. Rooms were nice, beds were very comfortable. Pool was clean and great. Fitness room was a bit small but it did the job. The free made to order breakfast was one of our favorite things. The hotel staff were friendly and very accommodating.
The free Wifi was good to have as we were looking up places to go for site seeing--once we figured out the places we wanted to go we asked the front desk staff who were excellent to talk to. So helpful to us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dieppe, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our family attended a wedding last month at Howard Johnson Plaza. The bride had set-up a block of rooms with the hotel for all her out of town guest. The group was set-up in the same area of the hotel. The staff was very nice and accommodating. The wedding was in their ballroom. Over 200 guest attended, very elegant. The décor was nice, chair cover and sashes to complete the look. The meal was a generous portion and very tasteful. Everything flowed very nice. The bride had also set a meeting room the following morning for the gift opening. A group of approximately 30 of us had gathered in one of the rooms off the restaurant. We had breakfast in the room. The hotel also offers a complimentary made to order breakfast (nice touch). We had a great time Sarah & Jamie CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room with two king beds, harbor side and very conformable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is an excellent hotel. We came in via plane and the hotel offered a free shuttle to the hotel from the airport. We were greeted by the driver holding a sign with our names on it.We arrived at the hotel to a fast check in. The front desk gentleman was very pleasant to talk to, very knowledgeble. We got settled in our room which was very clean and spacious. We then went for supper and were treated to free pizza and pop. That was great. Then we walked to the cities dowwntown(which is within walking istance of the hotel via an outdoor walk-way). We had a great timme on he boardwalk and then walked back to the hotel. My husband had a few things for work to take care of and was able to do so via the free wifi offered by the hotel. We had a very comfortable sleep in the beds and enjoyed a free made to order breakfast in the morning. we truly enjoyed our 3 night stay. We used the pool and fitness room which helped us relax. This hotel was a great value. With the ammmenities they offer why would you stay anywhere else.
We will be back whether it be for a get-a-way, business, or family, this will be our choice of hotel.

Thank you so much!!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our roomm, which had 2 double beds, all new bedding, new flat screen tvs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple