Barbershop contest on the weekend. Thrs. -Sun. The hotel separated chorus members by putting us on several different floors. They gave our chorus smoking rooms and lied about it. I spoke to them at the front desk and they said they weren't smoking rooms. They reeked of smoke. Two whole floors did. I asked why there were ash trays in the rooms if they weren't smoking rooms and they said "someone must have brought them in." Really?? A maid told me that yes these were smoking floors and we shouldn't have been told otherwise.
We made a dinner reservation for our chorus and rushed there to eat mid afternoon between contests and waited over an hour and a quarter to be served. When food arrived, it was cold and things were missing from plates. They told us that there was only one chef. They knew the hotel was in fact over-booked for the weekend. Why wouldn't they be prepared?
I finally had a chance to swim. I had been suspicious when I saw kids with pool noodles coming to the front desk. I changed and went to the pool to find it packed with screaming kids. The fathers were all in the hot tub and the mothers chatted all around the pool as the kids played and swam. I went back to my room and called the front desk. I was told that this was not a hotel pool, but a public pool and if I didn't like it I could take it up with the manager. I was very polite, but was treated rudely.
The room were dated and rundown with chipped tubs and sinks and exposed pipes in the bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the historic port city of Saint John and all it has to offer while staying at the Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John, the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Ideally situated only a few kilometers from Fort Howe and downtown Saint John, our hotel is conveniently located off the Saint John Throughway and Main Street on Portland Street. Key local attractions include the New Brunswick Museum, Reversing Falls, and Carleton Martello Tower National Historic Park. Our knowledgeable and helpful staff can recommend what best suits your travel itinerary. Our property offers an array of modern amenities including an ATM, business area, multi-lingual staff, meeting facilities, newsstand in lobby, picnic table, and guest laundry facility. Pets are welcomed, restrictions and charges may apply. Start your work or sightseeing day in fine form with free full breakfast. After a day of sightseeing, guests can relax in our indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, or enjoy a meal or a drink at the Vegas Bar and Grill, our on-site eatery. Each of our 131 guest rooms feature home luxuries such as free Wi-Fi, microwave, mini-fridge, hairdryer, coffeemaker, 32 inch flat panel cable TV, iron, ironing board, desk with lamp, table with chairs, and clock radio. Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John is your best choice within Canada's "Original City". We offer ideal accommodations and location whether you are in town for entertainment, music and food festivals, sightseeing, wildlife activities or simply passing through on your way to Fredericton or Nova Scotia. At Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John our goal is to provide our guests a great experience, not just a place to stay. At Canadas Best Value Inn Saint John, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Canadas Best Value Inn - Saint John reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Fort Howe Plaza Hotel Saint John
- Fort Howe Saint John
- Canadas Best Value Inn - Saint John New Brunswick