Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Saint John
Comfort Inn(Saint John)
Hillside Motel(Saint John)
Hillcrest Motel(Saint John)
View Hotel
All reviewspool and hot tubevery eveningwalking pathpancakesexercise roomreversing fallsgood sizeyogurtpancake machinelots of parkingoff the highwaydesk clerkstayed one nightmaritime provincesclean roomsbreakfast areahotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here for business. Was upgraded to a king suite with my priority club status. Room was nice, clean and fairly modern, no complaints there. Fitness center was good with the essentials for working out. The hotel location is easy to get to and close to the downtown core where there are numerous restaurants and shopping. (within walking distance but easier to drive). I did have issues with the wired internet and my laptop firewall, but the speed was very good. Wireless internet was fine but slower of course. There is no restaurant onsite, but they offer the holiday inn express start breakfast offering a selection of hot and cold buffet style menu items that were all good. All my experiences with the staff were exemplary. I will stay here again on my next visit to Saint John.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CanadianFlatlander
BrianL894, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for staying with us recently and for being a valued Priority Club Member! So glad to hear you were able to take advantage of all the facilities/amenities while you were here.
I have posted your comments for our entire team.

Hope to meet you next time you are in Saint John!

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel provided all the amenities for my stay, except there was no restaurant. Located a short walk from downtown but right on a busy road. Bed was very comfortable and room was clean! Staff were also nice and assisted me right away. I Would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Rachel I
BrianL894, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thanks for your recent review!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the amenities provided.
As you noted we are just a short stroll from several restaurants in the area and there is a great walking trail called the "Harbour Passage" just a few minutes from our rear parking lot.

While our complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet is a great start to the day - we have now added "Soup Nights" (Mon - Thu, 5:30-7pm). This will be complimentazry as well from October to the end of April.

Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Truly a wonderful trip. Situated just 3 minutes from Harbour Station (we went to a Sea Dogs game). The hotel lobby is very clean and very welcoming. The staff were very pleasant. The breakfast was awesome, cereal, milk, juice, great coffee, awesome cinnamon buns, great eggs, toast, pancakes, yogurt, fruit and the list goes on. The pool was pretty good and has nice windows to allow for a lot of natural light and plenty of chairs to sit in and watch the kids. The beds were very comfortable, and the rooms are recently renovated and very clean. It was a very nice surprise to see the mini fridge, microwave and the KEURIG machine. What a touch!!! And 2 free bottles of water. Not a big expense, but a nice touch, as I have seen a lot of hotels put water in the room and charge you $3+ per bottle. Seriously, this hotel has all "the extras" and all the "little things" totally looked after. Huge Kudo's to this Holiday Inn and Express!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Oranje2012

"Awesome" !!

That is what we strive for!
So glad you noticed all of the "little extras" provided. We really listen to our guests and try and provide a great experience for every stay.

Thanks again for your comments and for staying with us!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

lways look for Holiday Inn Express when we travel. Always consistent. Arrival was great. When we called to reserve, I had on-line pricing for our room from my smartphone, (I am a Priority Club Memeber, etc), but was given a better rate than what was on there website! Saved almost $50.00. As we were travelling with our son on vacation, we got the Kids room, (Bunkbeds, seperate room, video game, etc). What a nice treat for our son. Pool area was very modern and clean. Great for unwinding after a day in the car. Greeting & checkout was typical HIE standard`s, by that I mean, professional and courteous. Now, the one small negative, not sure if the Breakfast lady was having a bad day, but her slamming cupboard doors, and frowning and generally not enjoying her job was very evident. Other than that, great experience, convenient for the St. John-Digny ferry as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Durango_Traveller
BrianL894, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thanks for your review and for staying with us over the Holidays!

Glad to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy one of our themed "Kids Suites". They are indeed a hit with families!.
Hope you visit us the next time you are in Saint John.

Our new parking deck is open and renovations complete!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I booked a King Suite to stay for a wedding we were attending. The hotel was within walking distance of the reception and dance so we didn't have to drive after.

The room was quite large with a king bed, couch, fridge, microwave, kuriug coffee maker, and two flat screen tv's. The room was at the end of the hall so it was very quite. We used the hot tub and pool and also had the great free breakfast.

I'm sure you might get a hotel for a few bucks less, but the quality of the room and property was worth the money.

Room Tip: There are two suites on each floor and are a bit quiter since they at the end of the hall and have a door to block the hallway from the two room doors to reduce the noise from the hallway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
BrianL894, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Saint John, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our Hotel!
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with is and were able to relax in one of our cozy King Suites.
Thanks for staying with us!