“Great Food”

Urban Deli
Ranked #12 of 249 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Urban Deli lives up to it's tag line of 'old fashioned. Slightly sophisticated'. We love to put a spin on some favourite old fashioned dishes like our popular meatloaf sandwich. We have the deli classics like Montreal Smoked Meat and our popular Reuben Sandwich. Urban Deli was featured on the Canadian Food Network's 'You Gotta Eat Here' featuring our Muffuletta & Uptown Big Beef Bad Boy sandwiches and our famous lemon sour cream pie, which has travelled as far as Alberta & Ontario. We also offer catering for lunch or private functions. If you are craving something other than deli, see Italian by Night for our authentic Tuscan Style Italian menu for dinner.
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I chose Urban Deli for lunch during our weekend in St. John. It was highly rated and we find out why. The food was excellent and the service was fine as well.

It's a small restaurant and it was almost empty when we arrived at 11:30am on a Saturday. Within 20 minutes it was completely full.

We would definitely go back!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Had lunch at the Urban Deli today. It was excellent all the way. Bustling, which is what you want to see in a popular resto, but nice a relaxed at the same time. The lunch menu was terrific with something for everyone. Fries were classic double-fried and over the top. They have on tap the very high quality beers of the Pumphouse Brewery in Moncton. All-in-all a great experience.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Have been to the Deli several times for lunch and also in the evening for their Italian by night menu. The food is always good and the service usually is to. Our last visit in the evening, however, the service was extremely slow making us late for the theatre. Must have been an exceptional circumstance as it's never happened before. My lunch favourite is the tuna salad on a bagel with fries, although I've heard great things about their smoked meat. I always opt for pasta on their evening menu. I rarely order desert, as there is rarely anything on their menu that strikes my fancy. I will say, though that our friends ordered the Tiramisu during our last visit and they really enjoyed it. Not a big spot, so you may get stuck at the communal table if you don't have a reservation...or, you may not get in at all.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I've eaten at Urban Deli a few times and have never been disappointed, although it is such a popular place it's hard to get seating if you are going at normal lunch hour times, so plan ahead. If you happen to miss the daytime lunch schedule, don't worry, they open up again at night for Italian by Night..such a hidden little gem, but well worth the wait!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I am a huge fan of the deli!! I have been coming here with my parents and sister pretty much since it opened, and can honestly say that I've never been disappointed once! My sister and I usually share two sandwiches and their vegetarian pesto pasta, which is one of the best things I have ever eaten. The sandwiches are always so full of flavour as well as the fries. The staff are so kind and helpful as well. We always leave extremely full and satisfied.