“Good Food, good location”
Review of Urban Deli

Urban Deli
Ranked #12 of 250 Restaurants in Saint John
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Urban Deli lives up to it's tag line of 'old fashioned. Slightly sophisticated'. We love to put a spin on some favourite old fashioned dishes like our popular meatloaf sandwich. We have the deli classics like Montreal Smoked Meat and our popular Reuben Sandwich. Urban Deli was featured on the Canadian Food Network's 'You Gotta Eat Here' featuring our Muffuletta & Uptown Big Beef Bad Boy sandwiches and our famous lemon sour cream pie, which has travelled as far as Alberta & Ontario. We also offer catering for lunch or private functions. If you are craving something other than deli, see Italian by Night for our authentic Tuscan Style Italian menu for dinner.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good spot for lunch, seating is limited, you should call for a reservation, I had the spinach salad and toasted Ruben it was great.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

this deli is overrated. prices and expense for deli food. service is slow and chaotic.....would not return.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Another great location in Up Town saint john. Its a very busy place where they serve lunch and diner. The place is pack for lunch and most of the tables are reserved. As usual here is my opinion.
Location: very well located, on King street close to other restaurants and businesses.
Exterior: the sign and indication is okay. Small because of the size of the cafe ot self.
Interior: well,,, very small. It probably sits 30 people max. It is cozy, well decorated and welcoming!
Staff: the waitresses are awesome, great service, smile & clearly they want to make sure the food and experience is good.
Food:well, i have a soup and a sandwic... Awesome! Its real hand made food with taste and fresh ingredients. Awesome.
Price: it is a bit pricy but nothing to complain about. This is hand made food, great setvice and tasty ingredients... I would consider this acceptable if i compare to other places ive been over the last 6 months.
Saint john does have many good places with different taste. I recom. This to everyone, bring your friend, co worker, gf.. Its a place you need to try.
G

Reviewed October 27, 2012

we went for lunch, small restaurant but very cozy and neat atmosphere, staff were unbelievably friendly and relaxed, food was amazing! really must try this place if you are in the uptown area as it is very unique with creative meal creations.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My friend Tony took me here for a meal when I was last home for a visit. He raved about it and with good reason; it didn't disappoint. Although I wasn't paying I did note that it was a bit pricey but so worth it. I had the salad caprese , pasta with a meat sauce and the raspberry pavlova...it was all delicious but I still dream about that pavlova...a must try when you're in the Surf City. I can't wait til I'm home again so I can try the regular Urban Deli!!