“So Good”
Review of Bourbon Quarter - CLOSED

Bourbon Quarter
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bourbon Quarter has changed ownership and has reopened with an updated menu that is sure to please everyone.The all day breakfast is amazing and the lunch and evening menu has been tweaked to accomondate everyones palate.Please come in and enjoy some down south dishes in uptown Saint John
Reviewed October 19, 2012

OMG I love the desserts!!!!!! They have the best cheesecake in the world. Coffee is really strong so if you get coffee and dessert beware that it is soooo strong. I also like there fried chicken meal.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

First visit to St. John (aside from "passing through") and we picked Bourbon Station from the city guide. Good choice! Ate outside (a bit cool, but you could watch the cruise liner maneuver away from the pier and out to sea) and enjoyed every course: seafood and carpaccio appetizer, duck and cod main dishes, well-prepared creme brulee for dessert. Parking can be a problem (free parking at the Water Street Coast Guard lot two streets away), but the post-dinner walk around the historic district is as enjoyable as the meal.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Great service and fantastic entrees - all three that we had. I had the wheat ale picaroon with my dinner of jambalaya, and my husband had the house red - both were perfect! No kids menu so we shared an entree with the little man and added a side of cajun frites!

1  Thank KarmicAngel
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had Dinner with friends the other night! All anyone could say after our meal was over was how Fantastic the food was! The presentation of the food was beautiful! I had the Salmon Wellington which came with a rich creamy lobster creole sauce over top of it. Which just made the meal for me! My friend had the Beef tenderloin ...which was cut with a butter knife...so tender and cooked to perfection, and my Sister had the ribs with a delicious home made BBQ sauce! The service was great all the staff seemed very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu! We will be back for sure!!! ps try the Cheesecake !

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went for breakfast on a Sunday morning and had the pancakes with pecan butter and syrup. It was very good and worth the price. We would not hesitate to return for breakfast again. The breakfast menu offered more than what I expected. Service was prompt - however it was not busy.

We always walk by and wanted to try it. There was a disconnect from what I expected prior to going and the experience we had. First the music was atrocious, playing odd songs like Weird Al's "Like a Surgeon" - was very distracting and took away from the atmosphere. We also found the computer tablets on the table (Magnolia Cafe side) distracting with their scrolling ads. (There is the option I learned upon leaving you can sit at Bourbon Quarter side without the computer tablets). The pads had games and trivia, but were not working. I personally feel the waiter was not compatible with the atmosphere and offering the restaurant I suspect was going for. I think what I'm trying to get at is I expected a more dignified experience, and it was far from it. Luckily those are things they can easily change - and hopefully the owners will take notice.