“Good night sleep”
Review of Regent Motel

Regent Motel
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Saint John
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The room I stayed in was small, but really all I needed. It had a flat screen tv, free wifi, fridge and microwave. Everything was very clean and tidy! I usually always pick my motels off tripadvisor and gave few thoughts when I came across this one after reading the comments I probably would have avoided it. BUT I'm glad I didn't!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachelle H

Reviewed April 14, 2014

As we were traveling on a budget and with pets and needed to stay for a couple of nights in Saint John we were looking for a reasonably priced place to stay. Regent Motel fit our requirements and we were exceedingly satisfied with the service. Although the rooms are dated, as had been mentioned in the reviews we read, ours was definitely clean and the beds provided a comfortable nights sleep. The availability of a fridge, microwave and wireless in our room was a bonus. Owner besides being a genuinely friendly and accommodating person, is a fountain of knowledge about places to see and eat and did a great job at making our stay a very good experience. Would definitely stay here and again and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Katherine H
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was sceptical upon check in as the reviews were fairly mixed. We were checked in by a very friendly man, who couldn't do enough for us over our few days stay, he printed out directions for us, helped us find places and advised us on different places to visit and genuinely seemed interested in our days out. The motel room itself was fine, clean and tidy, bed sheets and bathroom were clean, which was good. We had a pleasant stay. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marg J
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I spent one night here on Sept. 19, 2013 in a "superior" room that had a 2-star Priceline rating (room # 2 or 3, sorry I can't remember which). Our room was clean, and the refrigerator, microwave, TV, toilet, and shower all worked fine. The room was "adequate" for a one-night stay, but there were a number of items that, in this reviewer's opinion, turn this into a Priceline 1-star rather than 2-star rating:
-- There was a floor lamp that fell apart when moved slightly
-- The toilet base was supported on a wood plank (the toilet worked fine, but we were fearful that some strange bug might crawl out)
-- The toilet paper holder wouldn't turn to unroll the paper (a second used roll was placed on top of it)
-- Bath towels and washcloths were thread bare
--There was a soiled bath towel, presumably from a previous guest, hanging on the back of the bathroom door (this can happen in the best of lodges, but still worth noting when this happens)
-- The Priceline site noted "Featuring views of the Bay of Fundy," and that is technically correct if one uses lawyer-speak, but extremely misleading because the Bay is about five miles away and you can get only a partial view of the water over the tree tops, if you stand on the street next to the motel.
-- The Priceline site also noted "breakfast buffet" as an amenity, but we asked the friendly desk clear about this and he said that they don't offer breakfasts this time of year--but upon our careful inspection, the Priceline site did not actually refer to this as a "free breakfast buffet," so this is perhaps only another example of misleading, yet not technically illegal, information.
-- No smoke detector, even though there was a spot where it appears there used to be one

In general, the room's run-down appearance suggests that repairs/improvements have been neglected over a long period of time. I would guess this motel has been here for more than 50 years, and will at least give credit to the owners in trying to keep the rooms clean for their guests: but the "superior" room was surely not worth the $75 we paid, particularly given that we were traveling in the off-season! By all means, feel comfort in staying here, but don't expect more than a Priceline 1-star quality.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room, before checking in, and be sure to check that the bathroom is not only clean bu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KenC_1956
Reviewed July 6, 2013

First I was not sure about what to expect due to the low price. However, when I arrived there and saw the rooms, I was pleasantly surprised and realized that I got a great deal for the money.The room and bathroom were clean and spacious, and the location of the motel is in a nice quiet neighborhood. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and there for you 24 hours a day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to visit St. Johns-NB.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very friendly staff and reasonably priced. Great location for both the city and highway. Very good Wi-Fi services. We will stay again and definitely recommend it to our friends and family. The owner and staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The pictures and the price looked good and I wasn't disappointed. The rooms were clean with a nice fridge and microwave, digital cable and wireless internet too. The owners were friendly and happy to please.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family