Visited Saint John, NB and checked into the hotel in March 2013 weekend. Fairly new building it seems, and close to Walmart and the main plaza in town, though you will need a car to get to them...unless it's summer and you just want to walk.
King Size room has plenty of room! Big desk to work on. and a lounge chair to, well, lounge on. Hallways are quite dark, but why would you want it too bright anyway. New carpet, bathrooms are in good order. The tubs has this one-piece enamel on it, so no grimy grouts to worry about.
Breakfast started at 7am (weekend) and included scrambled eggs, sausage (didn't see bacon), and you can make your own waffles...includes standard cereals, juice and coffee. Got a corp discount, so I got much value for my stay. A staff earnestly cleans the mess, so kudos to them.
Didn't get to try the pool or the gym, but there were families in the pool and they seem to enjoy the facility...small pool though, I think, but I'm just trying to find faults here. LOL.
Bed is comfortable and had 4 pillows so rested quite soundly. I have 3 young kids at home, so the sound of silence was eerie. I almost missed the noise. I said ALMOST.
Nice touch, the TV remote control was in these bags that says Clean Remote or something like that. Wish I took out my CSI kit to confirm, but it felt clean to me anyway :-)
Would stay again if I visit Saint John. Nice town. Didn't smell, though the IRVING plant is around.
Stayed during a BOIL ORDER (can't use tap water for drinking due to high bacteria content). No worries, brought bottled water. Used that even for brushing.
Saint John Airport reminded me of a small old-fashioned Canadian Tire. It's that cute :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Saint John Hotel & Suites! This beautiful, new hotel is within convenient walking distance to shopping, restaurants & a movie theatre, and has 77 rooms to choose from, including whirlpool rooms and suites. Guests will enjoy complimentary hot breakfast, parking and Wi-Fi, as well as a mini-fridge and 42" LED TVs in all rooms. Facilities include an indoor heated pool, fitness centre, a 24hr business centre and 3 meeting rooms. Earn airline miles or points towards free stays by enrolling in BW Rewards for free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Best Western, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel Saint John
- Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Saint John
- Saint John Best Western
- Best Western Plus Saint John Hotel & Suites New Brunswick