“Traumatic”

Ranked #3 of 247 Restaurants in Saint John
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2010

The host should be fired on the spot. I had terrible food and advised my waiter. I was on a diet so when he said he could comp me with a desert I declined. At this point the waiter left my bill that he threw on the table and never came back with my husbands left overs. I thought that's odd and decided I would just politely ask the host if he could take few dollars off our meal. I am not a picky eater at all but I wasn't able to eat my 20$ plate of food. I asked him and he got our left overs and took my meal off. I left a 2$ tip on my debit purchase as my service was not very good with our waiter. As I was leaving in front of the crowded restaurant the host yelled loudly you know its rude to take it out on the wait staff just because you didn't like your food. I said pardon me. He then shoved the bill in my face and said this pitiful tip and I ended up falling out the front door and burst into tears. This host still works there and I have found 6 other people who have been accosted there in some way or another by this man. There use to be this amazing restaurant there before that served Italian food. It is worth sticking your head in to see the place but the food is over priced fusion.

5  Thank scr1983

Reviewed April 7, 2010

Thandi's has a great atmosphere... beautiful building! I have never had a complaint about the food either. I have enjoyed Thandi's each time I have visited it. Some menu items are a little pricey, but I think the food and atmosphere are great!

Reviewed July 25, 2008

I loved my first meal at Thandi's so much so that I went straight back for lunch next day too. The lunch was SUCH a big disappointment :( the food so oily. Left me wondering if its even ethical to serve that oily/greasy food. The second day disaster was fried paneer- cottage cheese chunks with vegetables. It was so oily that i had to leave it as is.
The first day we went for dal makhni, saag paneer and lamb curry. That was totally out of the world :)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 19, 2008

Best steak I have had in a very long time....excellent service....kind of pricy but well worth it!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Great place! Loved the food. Deep fried are not my fav's so I goofed up there But besides the deep frys - it wz great!