“Delicious curry in downtown Saint John!”
Review of Thandi

Thandi
Ranked #4 of 253 Restaurants in Saint John
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

What a great find! Had a very good meal here, waiter was very helpful, and my curry was fantastic (with enough for leftovers). Walkable to our hotel, and after dinner we went for a nice walk by the water. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

As we were driving lost through the streets of Saint John looking for a meal we saw a wall dedicated to the notable folks from Saint John. In that building was a lovely Indian restaurant called Thandi's. It was early so we were seated immediately. The naan and dip that comes before ordering was excellent. I ordered the Lamb Korma, thrilled more naan was provided. Vern chose the Banjara with a mix of shrimp, lamb and chicken in a tomato curry. I'd never seen it before, but it was really special and Vern loved it. We had my leftovers for dinner the next evening as a side dish. What excellent flavor blends. The presentations were gorgeous. Service was prompt and efficient. Great find!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Authentic and consistently good, with large selection and knowledgeable waiters. We have visited 5 or 6 times, and not been disappointed.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was in Saint John for work and stayed at Cheteau Saint John , which was great a well. Walked to "Uptown Saint John" and stumbled on this gem . It was the best butter chicken I have ever tasted. If you get an opportunity you should not pass it up. I will be back. Loved the atmosphere but most of all the BUTTER CHICKEN

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I adore the butter chicken here...but myself and close friends have had a number of poor service experiences. These include, but are not limited to the time a reservation was not available to us for 45 mins while complaining about how they were busy with customers. They did not offer to bring us beverages while we waited or an appetizer (there was a pregnant woman, elderly person and diabetic in attendance). We still had to wait before they took our orders once we were seated. We were there for hours and it was more than disappointing. Also, they didn't offer us even a free appetizer or dessert for the inconvenience.