“try Quinoa cakes”

Ranked #3 of 247 Restaurants in Saint John
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I really liked that place, we went twice during 2 week stay.
Quinoa cakes, soups, fish – all very good.
We liked sitting upstairs better – more quiet.
Beware: portions are huge.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Thandi"s Restaurant...check #228962 Table 33...8:58 pm
This evening was special for the two of us, we had decided on going out to dinner. I wanted to go to Pepper's however my honey wished I would try the food at Thandi's of which she has been a regular.
I was very disappointed from the time we arrived. We waited 15 minutes to be attended to by the waiter at our table to ask what we would like to drink.
Once the wine was delivered, we did not see the waiter for 15 minutes....

A large crowd had been partying in the front of the Restaurant and having good time, we were happy for them however could not talk..it was too noisy.

We requested to move upstairs to a quiet location, this was no problem, the waiter took our order and passed us to another working upstairs.
We ordered the food arrived failry quickly. We had ordered the seafood chowder (not bad but sweet) a breast of chicken ( fat inside) vegetables (uncooked, brocolli,(stems included) carrots (hard) and whatever others were included. Also ordered was a vegetarian Pad Thai, not as tasty as in the past.

We left a great deal of food, when the waiter returned I mentioned the above, he apparently took our concerns to the Chef..only to return to offer us a complimentary dessert.

I mentioned to the waiter that it was a complaint about the food and had no bearing on himself. He was truly courteous and and a genleman.
We asked " if you paid $92.00 for a dinner , wouldn't you expect to receive quality food?"

He apologized once again, we did not tip him , as I said you should ask the Chef to tip you, for you did your job. The food was terrible!

We should have attended to Pepper's as I previously suggested, I will never recommend this establishment to anyone. The waiter didn't even offer to have the Manager come to our table to ask of our concern

3  Thank Rick S
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My favorite place in Saint John. Wonderful atmosphere, friendly service, Excellent Indian food. Get a spot upstairs it's more intimate.

1  Thank PAUL T
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A varied menu of Asian and North American dishes - cooked and served extremely well. There is also a good list of wines & beers that will almost certainly satisfy your palate. This popular, busy establishment will provide you with a good night out.

1  Thank Grodo
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This restaurant is always consistent. Portions are huge.like the curry dishes. Service is great. Always crowded so make a reservation

1  Thank kerfontc