“Tasty curry”

Ranked #3 of 246 Restaurants in Saint John
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is an attractive place right in the centre of things with an eclectic menu. Apparently the resto started as Indian and then gradually added non-ethnic choices to the menu. That seems to work: on a Tuesday night off-season, the place was humming.

I went for the Indian menu and ordered Bombay curry with lamb. Discussing the hot factor with the waiter, I was told that this was the spiciest of all the curries but I decided to go one up on the hotness scale. The dish was very nicely spiced but I could have done with a bit more. Maritimers tend to be a little shy with their spices so go bold if you're used to it. There was lots of very good lamb. Total meal cost including a glass of Italian red (large, $11) and tip was $38. Service was very good.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Every time I am in Saint John I make sure I go to Thandi's, I always have a good meal and fast, friendly service. A good mix of Thai, Indian and Canadian food on the menu and you can watch your food being made if you sit downstairs. The smells of the food cooking while you wait are amazing!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Great service, great food, friendly staff, there is nothing less great about this place.

We like the fact that there are plenty of vegetarian dishes and choices unlike other restaurants in the area.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We have just moved to Saint John and friends suggested we meet at Thandi's for dinner. I started with the wonton soup. The shrimp and pork wrapped in the Chinese pastry was a nice combination. For the main course, I had Kwangtung Chow Mein. It was a combination of chicken, shrimp and bbq pork on a bed of Cantonese noodles with lots of Chinese vegetables. I really enjoyed it, particularly the bbq. Portions were generous. Will definitely return for another visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had an evening meal here with four people and found the food and service to be exemplary. The entrees were large, fresh and hot and main courses better still in all respects. The meals were reasonably priced and respresented great value for money. The decor is supportive of a great night out whether it be a special occasion or a romantic evening. The menu range is large so do not think that it is purely contained to an indian orientation - in fact, it should please anyone. From our experience, I would not hesitate in recommending this restaurant. It would have to be the best meal/value for money we have had since Dubai.